Discovery Vitality [2019]

Gamer

Expert Member
I looked at momentum and even with these changes they still offer me significantly less than what discovery does.
Maybe, on my plan vs the equivalent one on Momentum though, definitely made sense to move. The free gym thing held me back, plus the schlep of moving I suppose. Anyway, this is not a vs thread :)

Gamer

Expert Member
Can anyone remember how long it takes for the Health Check 22500 points to reflect on Discovery's side? Thanks
Depends where you do it. I did mine at the Discovery store and it reflected immediately. Last year I did it at a wellness centre and the nurse said she will process it a bit later. I think it took about 3 days to reflect. Clicks is also about a 1 or 2 day delay.
Right, so my wife and I finished our Health Check's this morning at 10h30 at Dischem. By 10h45 all the points were allocated and we're now on Gold status for the 1st time ever (never been beyond blue before, never bothered). :thumbsup:

donanicky

Hmmm... so do we need to claim it back from Discovery? I will try again this weekend at another Woolworths
I had the same issue with Pick n Pay vouchers, had to choose R100 vouchers which were available at the time. Discovery wouldn't give me Pick n Pay vouchers.

lws

Both of mine don't work, cashier said the codes are not valid.
I had the same problem with several of my vouchers. Raised the issue with Discovery but after the vouchers expired (and they hadn't figured it out yet), I ended up getting Dischem replacements instead.

Superjakes

Expert Member
Is there anything specifically I need to action to have my sparkling new Discovery Insure policy linked to my active rewards? How long does this take normally? Already had both cars checked and fitted with big brothers at TWT.

adielk

Expert Member
(Up to 75% off local flights and up to 50% off international flights)

I only see 35% in my app? Not even the 40% I heard about?

How do the dynamic rewards work? Meaning what gets the max. On silver for health drive and money but will be health gold as 9 300 points away and gold for drive as I am 50 points away and will do the driving course. Money dunno as I am still awaiting actual card and need to complete uploads for savings.

Edit: see it now shows max up to 75%

Last edited:

Mr.Ree

So my family and I did all the health checks and so on.. lost points for smoking.. I’m 47000 points away from gold! What would be the best way to get to gold

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So my family and I did all the health checks and so on.. lost points for smoking.. I’m 47000 points away from gold! What would be the best way to get to gold
You can do HIV test and fitness test, woman also have pap smeer(spelled wrong) check they can do. These all get points.

Mr.Ree

You can do HIV test and fitness test, woman also have pap smeer(spelled wrong) check they can do. These all get points.
HIV test done on all of us, and fitness tests also done.. Pap smear I’ll have to ask.. damn it’s seems so hard for this little points lol

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Did you only join Vitality recently? It's really difficult to get to Gold in only 5 months unless you are super active, heart rate tracking each workout and score full points on the health tests. Potentially a waste of time joining late in the year IMO.

adielk

Expert Member
Parkrun or walk = 300 every Saturday or do Myrun on Sundays
30 min sessions with heart rate monitor at above 70% (not sure) on average = 300 points
Gym visits = 100 points
Steps = 50 points up to 100 points iirc

Edit search for the vitality calculator on discovery website

Last edited:

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Parkrun or walk = 300 every Saturday or do Myrun on Sundays
30 min sessions with heart rate monitor at above 70% (not sure) on average = 300 points
Gym visits = 100 points
Steps = 50 points up to 100 points iirc

Edit search for the vitality calculator on discovery website
30min at 70% is 200 points, 80% for 300

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Mr.Ree needs 47,000 points and there are only 20 weeks remaining. Let's assume he can get 7000 points by buying healthyfood and doing some tests that he missed, he then still needs to average 2000 points per week for the next 20 weeks.

Perhaps if he and the Mrs both do the fitness test and they each score 5000 points, then he can get that target down to 1500 points per week. Like I said, it's not so easy if you're not a fitness addict and ready to scrounge for every point possible for the remainder of the year.

Mr.Ree

Did you only join Vitality recently? It's really difficult to get to Gold in only 5 months unless you are super active, heart rate tracking each workout and score full points on the health tests. Potentially a waste of time joining late in the year IMO.
Lol I literally joined two months ago, forget five I need to buy a good cheap watch to use as I play indoor soccer so maybe that could give me points.. I just need to find the right one to work with an iPhone.. an Apple Watch is ridiculously expensive unfortunately.. any recommendations?

Mr.Ree

Mr.Ree needs 47,000 points and there are only 20 weeks remaining. Let's assume he can get 7000 points by buying healthyfood and doing some tests that he missed, he then still needs to average 2000 points per week for the next 20 weeks.

Perhaps if he and the Mrs both do the fitness test and they each score 5000 points, then he can get that target down to 1500 points per week. Like I said, it's not so easy if you're not a fitness addict and ready to scrounge for every point possible for the remainder of the year.
Ok so quick question, I am definitely a noob, so sorry if it is an obvious answer,

My family and I have done:

The fitness tests
HIV Tests
Health checks
Online assessments

I’m guessing there isn’t any other tests that I’ve missed? I’m hoping there is.. because that gives me a chance to do it.. how do I get points for doing healthy purchases from Woolworths ? Am I supposed to swipe my discovery credit card? Is there a specific card? How do you do it? I’m sure I will be more prepared in January 2019 (or when the points wipe out)

Fcon_Vpro

Ok so quick question, I am definitely a noob, so sorry if it is an obvious answer,

My family and I have done:

The fitness tests
HIV Tests
Health checks
Online assessments

I’m guessing there isn’t any other tests that I’ve missed? I’m hoping there is.. because that gives me a chance to do it.. how do I get points for doing healthy purchases from Woolworths ? Am I supposed to swipe my discovery credit card? Is there a specific card? How do you do it? I’m sure I will be more prepared in January 2019 (or when the points wipe out)
You can pay by cash or any bank cc/debit card. Just need to swipe your woolworths rewards card.
And you only earn points on healthy food and get penalized for unhealthy food.
Check the website for the food list. Or while at Woolworths look for the vitality logo on shelf stickers.