Discovery Vitality 2020

James 77

I've spoken to a consultant at Discovery Bank and he advised that the new gym booster works as follows.
  1. The full amount needs to be debited on the 1st of every month from your credit card.
  2. If you achieved your fitness target then the full amount will get paid back to you within 5 days.
  3. You also need to spend at least R2500 to qualify.
That first point I can't see in any Ts and Cs.

twr

Expert Member
I've spoken to a consultant at Discovery Bank and he advised that the new gym booster works as follows.
  1. The full amount needs to be debited on the 1st of every month from your credit card.
  2. If you achieved your fitness target then the full amount will get paid back to you within 5 days.
Are these for new gym.booster activations only?

Also does.one need the full.suite? Because I heard it needs to come off a discovery bank account.
So first time hearing that you mist setup a debit order off your credit card?

ies87

I phoned Bank Rewards just now to query my outstanding gym benefit. I asked for Ts and Cs for gym booster but the consultant couldn't find anything and said they're probably still working on them. I was told the following though:

1. Debit order can go off either transaction account or credit card.
2. 75% will be paid back within 5 working days. The 'boosted' 25% will be paid at the end of the month according to goal achievement. Consultant I spoke to said they now consider both fitness and money goals.
3. Confirmed the R2,500 minimum spend on credit card.

I don't see why they have to keep changing things, I was perfectly happy with the original 75% upfront discount and 25% 'boost' pending goal completion.

James 77

Are these for new gym.booster activations only?

Also does.one need the full.suite? Because I heard it needs to come off a discovery bank account.
So first time hearing that you mist setup a debit order off your credit card?
Exactly.

I've never heard of a debit order that should go off a credit card.

But honestly, no one ever knows the exact systems and processes of them.

James 77

I phoned Bank Rewards just now to query my outstanding gym benefit. I asked for Ts and Cs for gym booster but the consultant couldn't find anything and said they're probably still working on them. I was told the following though:

1. Debit order can go off either transaction account or credit card.
2. 75% will be paid back within 5 working days. The 'boosted' 25% will be paid at the end of the month according to goal achievement. Consultant I spoke to said they now consider both fitness and money goals.
3. Confirmed the R2,500 minimum spend on credit card.

I don't see why they have to keep changing things, I was perfectly happy with the original 75% upfront discount and 25% 'boost' pending goal completion.
That's good to know. I've changed mine from FNB to my Discovery Transaction account in December specifically for the benefit.

Pufferfish94

That's good to know. I've changed mine from FNB to my Discovery Transaction account in December specifically for the benefit.
So you have to pay your gym fees from your Discovery Bank account to earn any discount?

I am currently paying Virgin Active from FNB as well seeing though that used to work pre Discovery Bank.

James 77

So you have to pay your gym fees from your Discovery Bank account to earn any discount?

I am currently paying Virgin Active from FNB as well seeing though that used to work pre Discovery Bank.
On the new booster yes. Mine used to be that way as well, 75% discount upfront and the 25% I got back by achieving the weekly targets.

I think in your scenario they said that you will continue to get 75% discount, but if the debit order is not from a Discovery bank account then you won't get the 25% back as well.

binloud

So I got mine back this month...but don't have a debit order with discovery. But I do have the bank account.

Charlesjjm

so nothing about having the debit order go off from a Discovery Bank account for existing Gym Booster clients.
Yes, you have to change the debit order to go off from the Discovery Bank Account.

I just went through the whole activation process.
1610546790501.png

twr

Expert Member
So I got mine back this month...but don't have a debit order with discovery. But I do have the bank account.
Same ,well i just have their cc. Unless this month will be the last pay back because its actually December's gym fee we paid.

walterl

Expert Member
How do I set up the heart rate training for vitality active rewards with an iwatch and iphone?