Discovery Vitality 2020

Verde

Expert Member
Is anyone aware of a glitch on the Vitality system. I have been awarded my health check points for the year, but my last health check was in Dec 2019.

travelluminati

Is anyone aware of a glitch on the Vitality system. I have been awarded my health check points for the year, but my last health check was in Dec 2019.

It’s not a glitch. They’ve decided to award you the greater number of points that you earned last year vs this year if last year was greater. This is because they understand that not everyone has been able to get out and do all the required tests.

Verde

Expert Member
It’s not a glitch. They’ve decided to award you the greater number of points that you earned last year vs this year if last year was greater. This is because they understand that not everyone has been able to get out and do all the required tests.
Thanks. I'm relieved as I don't have my 2019 waistline anymore.

Last edited:

James 77

I heard the original Virgin Active Gym booster is ending on 1 Jan 2021. Should I move my Virgin Active debit order to Discovery instead of FNB, where it currently is, to continue earning 100% back ?

Anyone who has already done this ?

Aharon

Honorary Master
I got a mail from Virgin Active stating that the subsidy of 60% on Premium membership is changing to 50% from 1 January :

fruitbat

Expert Member
I heard the original Virgin Active Gym booster is ending on 1 Jan 2021. Should I move my Virgin Active debit order to Discovery instead of FNB, where it currently is, to continue earning 100% back ?

Anyone who has already done this ?
You mean my pre2010 membership is ending?

James 77

You mean my pre2010 membership is ending?
No idea what they were referring to.

I've been on Vitality for 5 years and had the Discovery credit card linked to FNB and had always received 100% of my gym fees from discount + cashback for reaching my targets.

Apparently I won't be able to get the 25% back if my debit orders are going through FNB.

Thats what they explained to me.

However, I think I should do some reading/research myself.

Tinuva

The Magician
No idea what they were referring to.

I've been on Vitality for 5 years and had the Discovery credit card linked to FNB and had always received 100% of my gym fees from discount + cashback for reaching my targets.

Apparently I won't be able to get the 25% back if my debit orders are going through FNB.

Thats what they explained to me.

However, I think I should do some reading/research myself.
Pre 2010 is 100% free for single gym. No cashback needed. Pretty sure if you were pre2010 you would know it

James 77

Pre 2010 is 100% free for single gym. No cashback needed. Pretty sure if you were pre2010 you would know it
I have stated that I've been on vitality for 5 years. Thus I don't receive 100% free. I currently receive 75% discount and 25% cashback (depending on acheiving all targets)

Tinuva

The Magician
I have stated that I've been on vitality for 5 years. Thus I don't receive 100% free. I currently receive 75% discount and 25% cashback (depending on acheiving all targets)
Fair enough but I wasn't the one asking about it

binloud

Yeah everyone's being moved over to the 75% off, can only get 25% additional back if you have the bank etc. I assume this excludes Pre 2010 benefit.

Any idea how to change the debit order for virgin active? Thought it used to be on the virgin active app.

Last edited:

twr

Expert Member
Yeah everyone's being moved over to the 75% off, can only get 25% additional back if you have the bank etc. I assume this excludes Pre 2010 benefit.

Any idea how to change the debit order for virgin active? Thought it used to be on the virgin active app.
The email I received from.discovery didn't say the debit order needs to come off a discovery bank account, it just says you need to spend on your discovery bank card .or did I miss that?

James 77

I want to know as well

binloud

So if you actived gym booster prior to 1 jan 2020 then you still qualify for gym.booster without changing your debit order to a discovery bank?

Nope - The existing Vitality Active Rewards gym booster benefit is changing for all existing Vitality Health clients from 1 January 2021, which means your maximum gym saving will be up to 75% in 2021...