Discovery Vitality 2020

F1 Fan

Executive Member
Anyone have advice on what to do when Discovery does not give you the correct cashback?

I have a cashback outstanding from May that was supposed to have been paid to my clicks card, and cashbacks for June, July and August. I have over 30 interactions with them, and everytime they say they are going to come back to me, and they never do.

Outstanding balance of around R3000.

Last edited:

twaatie

Anyone have advice on what to do when Discovery does not give you the correct cashback?

I have a cashback outstanding from May that was supposed to have been paid to my clicks card, and cashbacks for June, July and August. I have over 30 interactions with them, and everytime they say they are going to come back to me, and they never do.

Try vitalityescalations@discovery.co.za

hj007

It's an ongoing battle - some you win and some you lose, just keep pushing and using social media too.. It's why I'm not interested in their investment or banking products.

rsa-ace

Ask them for a spreadsheet of the HealthyFood transactions since May. It should show you everything.

rsa-ace

Received. And I've created a spreadsheet for them highlighting the incorrect items. They acknoledge the errors, and then basically forget to fix it.
Yeah. I had that. Just keep trying... I had issues with Discovery Bank Rewards - 9 months of calls and emails. Eventually it was resolved and I had 3 months of bank charges reversed for my troubles.

F1 Fan

Executive Member
Yeah. I had that. Just keep trying... I had issues with Discovery Bank Rewards - 9 months of calls and emails. Eventually it was resolved and I had 3 months of bank charges reversed for my troubles.

Wow...how do we get companies like this punished for stuff like this? I hate the fact that they get away with it.

I wrote to one of the journalists at MyBB and to see if they would pick up the story, as I am sure many are battling the exact same thing. No luck either

rsa-ace

Wow...how do we get companies like this punished for stuff like this? I hate the fact that they get away with it.

I wrote to one of the journalists at MyBB and to see if they would pick up the story, as I am sure many are battling the exact same thing. No luck either
Email complaints@discovery.bank give a long detailed writeup. Issue, dates of emails, names of the support people, how much time you've spent.

3WA

Honorary Master
Quick question - do any of you monetise your discovery miles, and if so, do you declare them to SARS and pay tax?

I see that the miles T&Cs include a disclaimer about tax implications, so just curious about that.

Yes, I know that monetising miles means that you forfeit the discount percentages.

Koosvanwyk

Quick question - do any of you monetise your discovery miles, and if so, do you declare them to SARS and pay tax?

I see that the miles T&Cs include a disclaimer about tax implications, so just curious about that.

Yes, I know that monetising miles means that you forfeit the discount percentages.
Why would it be taxable ?

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to check how long is left on Apple watch contract?