Discovery Vitality 2020

Jchan11hk

Anyone have issues with the gym workout logging between Planet Fitness and Discovery post lockdown?
I just didnt get the gym workout from them

fruitbat

Expert Member
This is great. I have an iPhone. Is is the prev gen SE. But def not Android. Surely their devs are able to pick up a device model / type?
1C551A35-A52E-4BC3-8BDF-57BE89CE583A.png

Jase

Executive Member
Anyone have issues with the gym workout logging between Planet Fitness and Discovery post lockdown?
I just didnt get the gym workout from them
What I have noticed is that my shorter duration workouts (30 - 60 mins) are being logged as no points awarded for duration (I log onto the vitality website and not the app to check). I usually do HIIT with 70 - 80% max HR. I have queried this recently and they corrected and assigned the points and all was well for a few days but my last two workouts have had the same issues once again.

Jchan11hk

What I have noticed is that my shorter duration workouts (30 - 60 mins) are being logged as no points awarded for duration (I log onto the vitality website and not the app to check). I usually do HIIT with 70 - 80% max HR. I have queried this recently and they corrected and assigned the points and all was well for a few days but my last two workouts have had the same issues once again.
Hmmm...how would they know your duration of your gym session?
Looks like mine is totally disconnected between PF and Discovery, they just didnt recognize it on the system.

Jase

Executive Member
Hmmm...how would they know your duration of your gym session?
Looks like mine is totally disconnected between PF and Discovery, they just didnt recognize it on the system.
I use a Garmin device and record a session which is in turn linked to Vitality.

fruitbat

Expert Member
100k reached. Diamond done!
Not that this hamster will stop... shoes to continue working for :)

fruitbat

Expert Member
I haven’t got my healthy food points this month. Anyone else got theirs? Also haven’t got my shoe booster.

w.m.cent

I canceled my Vitality this year. Still waiting for cashback from a few years which was not paid and they cannot provide any reason why nor make the payment.

Also, I changed my HealthyCare provider from Dischem to Clicks after buying something which I was supposed to get 50% back on. They then used a loophole and paid me only 25% because now they only use the latest HealthyCare chosen pharmacy as at statement run.

They are also forcing you to get a Discovery Bank account to qualify for the 25% cashback in gym fees in 2021. Another thing to note is you cannot qualify for Vitality Money on Discovery Bank unless you have a credit card with them. Something which is hard to come by as they are not 'risk hungry' and only give them to the elite.

I will be staying away from them for now and would suggest others do the same.