Discovery Vitality 2020

Koosvanwyk

if you go over the unhealthy foods have you lost out for the month? or does it reset like drive?
It probably resets monthly.

This seems like a silly reward, just R2, so probably not worth the effort. Maybe it increases progressively as you meet the targets?

For what it is worth, mine is 29 items.

The information provided by this is uswfully, as at least it confirms that Discovery is receiving the information about the purchase.

A question that will probably come up a lot going forward is how long dies it take to update? For instance mine only shows purchases made on 4 Jan and nothing since.

twr

Expert Member
Same here, detail of transactions don't add up to total. I guess the total will be calculated later?
It should be instantaneously adding up, other users on this forums are adding up straight away so maybe we should log a fault

ros_b

Oh wow that’s really crap. Hopefully more people will complain next week or drop vitality. Only then they will listen. I remember when the vitality goals used to be over 900 points per week.
About to hit Twitter. Absolutely livid that I need to spend 1000 D Miles for a R100 voucher - that's effectively 166 of the old points for the R100 vouchers, when it was 100 points in the old system. If I'd known this, I would have bought Dischem vouchers. But no-one at Discovery could tell me what the vouchers would cost in D Miles, so there was no basis on which to make the decision.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
About to hit Twitter. Absolutely livid that I need to spend 1000 D Miles for a R100 voucher - that's effectively 166 of the old points for the R100 vouchers, when it was 100 points in the old system. If I'd known this, I would have bought Dischem vouchers. But no-one at Discovery could tell me what the vouchers would cost in D Miles, so there was no basis on which to make the decision.
That's how they work, the entire banking rewards system is entire on us to navigate a list of unknown rules attached to unknown rewards meaning they can change it at anytime.

dunkyd

Expert Member
Time you Discovery faithful read up a bit about the company, especially how their medical aid treats PMB patients.....

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Time you Discovery faithful read up a bit about the company, especially how their medical aid treats PMB patients.....
Treat me just fine, besides nobody else comes close to offering what I get for what I pay, I'd love to leave them but it's retarded to go out and pay more for less.

travelluminati

Looks like you now have the ability to convert your DMiles to Avios through the app (Voyager still coming soon). That’s if you’re an avid Avios collector.

travelluminati

I just got to the point where I stop earning 1 DMile for every R20 spent. Now I get 1 DMile for every R100 spent. So if I spend R100k this month on the card then I’ll get a massive 1000 DMiles. Hardly worth it. Also, who the heck spends that each month?! Only reason to use Discovery Bank is for Healthyfood, Care & Gear bonuses in my opinion. And watch, phone, shoe/bike/device booster. But man there’s a lot of hoops to jump through.

beefymoocow

Looks like you now have the ability to convert your DMiles to Avios through the app (Voyager still coming soon). That’s if you’re an avid Avios collector.
I think your earn rate will be better if you had a avois credit card. If I remember correctly the translation rate is skewed in discovery’s Favour.

travelluminati

I think your earn rate will be better if you had a avois credit card. If I remember correctly the translation rate is skewed in discovery’s Favour.
Yes you’re right. I have one of those cards too. R7,50 gives you 1 Avios. At some places it’s R5 = 1 Avios. It’s nice to know that I can convert DM to Avios if I desperately need to.

hj007

I just got to the point where I stop earning 1 DMile for every R20 spent. Now I get 1 DMile for every R100 spent. So if I spend R100k this month on the card then I’ll get a massive 1000 DMiles. Hardly worth it. Also, who the heck spends that each month?! Only reason to use Discovery Bank is for Healthyfood, Care & Gear bonuses in my opinion. And watch, phone, shoe/bike/device booster. But man there’s a lot of hoops to jump through.
That's a strange ratio. I though mine's still sitting at 1 mile per R15 for any purchase, and 10 miles per R15 for my largest purchases at partners (ie's 6.6% miles cash back thru diamond multiplier).

Also, are the new DMile's from active reward interchangeable with the DMiles from the credit card?

AndyT1

Also, are the new DMile's from active reward interchangeable with the DMiles from the credit card?
As far as I can see so far you can use your Discovery Miles earned from your Credit Card to use in combination with your reward miles in the Active Rewards Mall if you join Discovery Bank.

My Discovery CC is still with FNB for now. My question is whether the DM you earn on the weekly rewards can be used with your CC miles at say Takealot or one of the other Miles partners.

hj007

As far as I can see so far you can use your Discovery Miles earned from your Credit Card to use in combination with your reward miles in the Active Rewards Mall if you join Discovery Bank.

My Discovery CC is still with FNB for now. My question is whether the DM you earn on the weekly rewards can be used with your CC miles at say Takealot or one of the other Miles partners.
Yes thats the question! Otherwise I'm holding onto FNB as long as possible as I see no benefit to moving to discobank