Discovery Vitality 2020

jambai

I am closing my disco credit card (old FNB one ) .i am generally good at cost benefit analysis . Discovery pass on their increased losses or less profits to your rewards . Too complicated now and only only benefits on top tier where I would question why you not at a private bank

beefymoocow

I am closing my disco credit card (old FNB one ) .i am generally good at cost benefit analysis . Discovery pass on their increased losses or less profits to your rewards . Too complicated now and only only benefits on top tier where I would question why you not at a private bank
Please do. The more people leave the likely discovery will change things back.

twr

Expert Member
Yes Avios branch in SA is no longer, you can't earn via kulula , however you can still earn and redeem them flying on BA comair using avis and earn via all their international partners

travelluminati

Works lekker If you have both also. I mean I get 43% back at dischem from vouchers with ebucks.
Exactly! Same strategy that I have. I don’t think I’ll move everything over to DiscoveryBank anytime soon. EBucks is very profitable for me.

travelluminati

Received mailers 2 years ago that Avios has migrated from SA as well?
Avios, on its own yes. But British Airways still uses Avios. And ABSA offer a credit card where you earn Avios at a very good rate. There are actually 5 airline programs that all use Avios: BA, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Air Italy, Vueling (low cost Spanish airline). They’re all part of IAG (International Airline Group). If you know how, you can move all your Avios around between the 5 programs. Avios are still one of the cheapest ways to get from Joburg to Mauritius (if you can find availability).

Tech_Mech

Avios, on its own yes. But British Airways still uses Avios. And ABSA offer a credit card where you earn Avios at a very good rate. There are actually 5 airline programs that all use Avios: BA, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Air Italy, Vueling (low cost Spanish airline). They’re all part of IAG (International Airline Group). If you know how, you can move all your Avios around between the 5 programs. Avios are still one of the cheapest ways to get from Joburg to Mauritius (if you can find availability).
I already burned Avios on a trip to Mauritius a few years ago. Unfortunately just after they increase the VAT amount to R1k pp. Back then you could collect at BP, convert PnP points, Avis. There is no need for the BP Avios card anymore and difficult to earn points unless you fly (Avis does not allocate Avios on discounted contracts, only full price)

travelluminati

Any sources I can refer to in terms of this? Thanks,
I’ll post a podcast soon. The FNB calculator really helps to see the sweet spots in terms of how to maximize eBucks. Takes some studying but it’s worth it. Checkers is a win. Also if you have a business account it’s a good idea to get that account to Level 5 too. The caps are higher. Not hard to do.

Jac Sprat

Got 55 on the game board but a a smoothie costs 150 miles. Where do we get the 100 goal points? And my 100 000 Discovery Miles from the Card are now suddenly reduced to the 1 500 Discovery Miles from Vitality. Anybody else as well?

duderoo

Expert Member
Got 55 on the game board but a a smoothie costs 150 miles. Where do we get the 100 goal points? And my 100 000 Discovery Miles from the Card are now suddenly reduced to the 1 500 Discovery Miles from Vitality. Anybody else as well?
can you post a pic of the game board? What is the max miles you can win?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hmm only 3 plays suppose to have 5! 1 extra for reaching each goal and for converting points.

beefymoocow

The average still seems less than 150 points required for a smoothie.
Don’t you get 100 miles for just achieving your goal. You just need 50 more miles.

I think the new system screws the most with people with just vitality. If you have a couple of discovery’s product the impact is less.

James 77

Only got 3. Plays instead of 4. Anyone get the 4th bonus play?
I got 4 plays, however I only got 300 DM from them. Used to be able to get a Dischem voucher atleast 3 times a month. Now it will be 2 best case scenario