Discovery Vitality 2020

twr

Expert Member
Does workout length matter for the Virgin Active online workouts? Do you have to choose a workout that is at least 30 minutes in order to get the 50 points?
Yeah to be safe watch a video 30 mins or longer ,I wouldn't watch a combination of videos to get to 30mins even though they say you can

NoSteamVouchers

Updated the Discovery App this morning and noticed they have completely removed the R80 Steam Voucher reward option.. was it a limited time offer or lock down only special? Does anyone have any info on this? I'm slightly annoyed because it was my main motivation to get my points each week :laugh:

twr

Expert Member
Updated the Discovery App this morning and noticed they have completely removed the R80 Steam Voucher reward option.. was it a limited time offer or lock down only special? Does anyone have any info on this? I'm slightly annoyed because it was my main motivation to get my points each week
They also removes the ww wrap that was only 250miles,. I think it's been taken away during lockdown period,but now that things are relaxed maybe that why?

Aharon

Executive Member
How does one know if they've processed your healthy dining slip upload? Uploaded my slip yesterday.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Can the fitness device booster be used at any store ? Currently have sportsman's as my preferred store but the garmin watches are cheaper at Total Sports.

ab12312390

Can the fitness device booster be used at any store ? Currently have sportsman's as my preferred store but the garmin watches are cheaper at Total Sports.
Technically yes, but you loose on the cash back. It would be currently 50% if you use SportsmanWarehouse and 20% for Totalsports.
If you intend to use Totalsports for the next year, you can change it to be your default. I just like SW for the variety they have compared to TS.

L-Dog

Expert Member
By using the fitness booster with max cap of R 4k (2 people on policy) I assume there wont be a difference only in month 1 ?

twr

Expert Member
Any banking clients with healthyfood cash back still at 100% per the banking app?
My vitality part was doubled but the bank rewards part wasn't (been told that the bank sides rewards is based in June spend band)

So last month my cash back was maxed out at 75% for healthy care but this month its at 58,5%

Did yours.not stay the same @Koosvanwyk

James 77

My vitality part was doubled but the bank rewards part wasn't (been told that the bank sides rewards is based in June spend band)

So last month my cash back was maxed out at 75% for healthy care but this month its at 58,5%

Mine dropped with 1% from last month

Zksan

How do I see the healthyfood cash back rewards ? I am a D bank, vitality and health insurance member. (New though.)

Koosvanwyk

My Healthcare is on 75% and healthyfood is on 70% (last month it was 75% for healthycare and 100% for healthyfood). The combination of cash back this month is not possible given the current rules. The only way to get to 75% for healthycare and 70% for healthyfood is if they applied different spend bands to the different rewards which makes no sense.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Yes you earn 2500 points (falls under the max 22500 health check bucket) for a short phone call with Discovery and it more importantly boosts your HealthCare/HeathyGear/HealthyFood benefits if you havent yet done the full pharmacy check. Note it costs R156 but is covered by screening benefit. More info here https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/virtual-vitality-health-check-in
Thanks handy tip there. Btw it doesn't boost HealthyGear, only H.Food and H.Care it seems:

1594075341995.png

amabacha

Thanks handy tip there. Btw it doesn't boost HealthyGear, only H.Food and H.Care it seems:

View attachment 870737
I checked this with a consultant on WhatsApp this morning and she confirmed it should boost rewards in the same way as doing a full health check at a pharmacy. I’m waiting for my wife’s virtual check points to come in and will confirm whether my rewards go up after that.

Edit: Yes - only affects HCare and HFood. HGear is linked to Fitness assessment