James 77

I've had a home contents claim and an R50k vehicle claim and had no issues. Also if you drive well you can get great cash backs. Right now I get around R750 back per month.
That sounds very good. What is your premium per month for the vehicle for interest sake if you receive the amount above back ?

Koosvanwyk

Anyone else with 0 driving behavior points on the dasboard for August (even though it should be significantly more)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-193358_Discovery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901-193358_Discovery.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 19

twr

Expert Member
No August seems fine but September shows 0 and shows I'm blie status (but I'm actually diamond)

Maybe give it a day or two to update

NightCrawlerNic

Hi guys I’m considering moving my Car insurance over to Discovery. How are they with regards to claims ? I’ve heard some guys saying that all is good until they have to pay out a claim.
Claimed for lost keys last month and didnt have any issues.

Have also claimed for a tv that had fallen and they replaced it no issues.

rsa-ace

That sounds very good. What is your premium per month for the vehicle for interest sake if you receive the amount above back ?
The premium doesn't related to the cash back. Max cash back is R800 (but that's really hard to get). R600 and above is really easy.

Then there is the EFA which allows you to effectively halve your excess and give you huge discounts on tyres. Your cash back gets doubled but you can only access it in 3 years. Confusing stuff

James 77

The premium doesn't related to the cash back. Max cash back is R800 (but that's really hard to get). R600 and above is really easy.

Then there is the EFA which allows you to effectively halve your excess and give you huge discounts on tyres. Your cash back gets doubled but you can only access it in 3 years. Confusing stuff
Thank you for the information. I will ask them for a quote

NightCrawlerNic

One other thing you can do is save your cashbacks to a Funders account: there you'll get a maximum of R1600. My monthly average is R1200

rsa-ace

How does one do that?
Just email them and ask them to move your cash back to an EFA. But... While the amount is doubled when put into the EFA, you can only withdraw it out every 3 years and when you withdraw, the withdrawn amount is halved. Sounds weird but basically the EFA can only be used on tyres and your excess. If you ever take the cash portion out then you halve that money (back to the amount you would have received).

They key is actually, once your EFA is at a high amount, is to tell them increase your excess to something crazy like R10k. Which lowers your monthly premium. And now if you have an accident, it just comes out your EFA. So I changed my excess to R10k and it lowered my premium by R150pm (R1800 per year).

I have about R32000 in my EFA after 2 years.

twr

Expert Member
Anyone's daily points from the 1st sept not pulling through to their weekly goal? They show in daily drive points but not in active weekly goal

NightCrawlerNic

Just email them and ask them to move your cash back to an EFA. But... While the amount is doubled when put into the EFA, you can only withdraw it out every 3 years and when you withdraw, the withdrawn amount is halved. Sounds weird but basically the EFA can only be used on tyres and your excess. If you ever take the cash portion out then you halve that money (back to the amount you would have received).

They key is actually, once your EFA is at a high amount, is to tell them increase your excess to something crazy like R10k. Which lowers your monthly premium. And now if you have an accident, it just comes out your EFA. So I changed my excess to R10k and it lowered my premium by R150pm (R1800 per year).

I have about R32000 in my EFA after 2 years.
damn, that much ?

binloud

Anyone been paid petrol back yet? Also not sure how I feel abut 2.0 goal going up weekly getting harder and harder to achieve now.

twr

Expert Member
Anyone been paid petrol back yet? Also not sure how I feel abut 2.0 goal going up weekly getting harder and harder to achieve now.
No fuel yet.

I like that I get points for no drive days.
But the other day I did 4 trips
3 I got 25/25
1 I got 21/25

So when it was time to score my drive day they use the lowest 21/25

NightCrawlerNic

I received mine. Its easy, just drive around the block and back. I dont even get out of the estate. 3 odd KM and i get my 25 points. Goal sitting at 115 now.

binloud

I received mine. Its easy, just drive around the block and back. I dont even get out of the estate. 3 odd KM and i get my 25 points. Goal sitting at 115 now.
haha true, I suppose I could just do that, however when you actually need to drive its less easy.

TranQ

It is a lot easier now to reach the weekly goal than what it was before. Well for me at least as I only drove a little over 100km a week which meant if I messed up once or didn't drive over the weekend that I would not reach my goal. Now I don't even have to drive and I'm reaching my goal.

binloud

It is a lot easier now to reach the weekly goal than what it was before. Well for me at least as I only drove a little over 100km a week which meant if I messed up once or didn't drive over the weekend that I would not reach my goal. Now I don't even have to drive and I'm reaching my goal.
What is everyone's goals? Mines 130 now

glennhurlow

No fuel yet.

I like that I get points for no drive days.
But the other day I did 4 trips
3 I got 25/25
1 I got 21/25

So when it was time to score my drive day they use the lowest 21/25
The way I understand the new system is that you start the day with 25 points. Then get points deducted for each event. So it sounds like you did 3 perfect trips with no points deducted, then one trip where you had four points deducted so you end on 21 points for the day.

Reactions: twr

TranQ

What is everyone's goals? Mines 130 now
My goal is 120 for the second consecutive week. I think this might be the max for me as I have the DQ track device so can only get 20 points a day.