• Yes

Votes: 373 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 289 43.7%

• Total voters

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
never do,
dont see the point for them, can perfectly refuel myself if I can.
my local guys see me a mile away coming in and they all race to me quick quick for service
i can pit in almost as quick as an F1 car on my motorbike :laugh:

axsis

Yes as long as I have change on me (which is becoming rarer as I don't use cash often). Generally R2 but if they do tyres/windscreen usually R5.

marco79

Expert Member
Yes, only R2 to R3, but only if they clean the windows without asking. I check under the hood myself & tyres myself.

Petrol Attendants earn a wage or salary. We shouldn't be subsidizing the garage owner.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Petrol Attendants earn a wage or salary. We shouldn't be subsidizing the garage owner.
this,
see those guys as a nuisance TBH,
I'm perfectly capable of filling my car up myself, dont need a degree in Petrol pump JackA$$ery.

look anywhere else in the world, pump attendants are a luxury, not a necessity.

Zophos

Expert Member
I tip them in coke (No not that type....)

It is amazing to see how far a 500ml buddy coke (well 440ml in recent years) will get you.

Vernon

Expert Member
Depends. If it's just to fill up, then no.
But say I had asked for tire pressure check and whatever else, then I do tend to tip them.

Naks

Expert Member
we use only station and tip the attendants quite well, so there's usually a sprint & shouting match between them to service our cars.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Nope. Their employment is mandated by law and their salary is part of the cost-per-litre of fuel. You pay whether you tip them or not.
Are you sure ?

The fuel price is comprised of four main elements. These are the

• The General Fuel Levy,
  • The RAF Levy,
  • The Basic Fuel Price (freight and insurance costs, cargo dues, storage and financing),
  • Wholesale and retail margins, and distribution and transport costs.
Using this data, filling a 50 litre tank with 93 unleaded petrol inland will cost R711,50. This is comprised of the Fuel Levy - R3,37 x 50l (R168,50), RAF levy – R1,93 x 50l (R96,50), associated costs – R3,12 x 50l (R156), and the Basic Fuel Price – R5,81 x 50l (R290,50).