DStv/MultiChoice issues email scam warning

cartmanOne

You'd be surprised how many people fall for these sorts of emails. My guess is that people on this forum are pretty savvy when it comes to the internet and have probably been around the block a few times. For those who aren't used to email and the web, they still have a sense of trust in what they read. Sadly it usually only takes experience for these lessons to be learned (hopefully not your own).

demon angel

Expert Member
Gmail didn't let me read this.....

Safely tucked into the spam folder.

Still though its a clever idea as DSTV isn't as common as banks.

The buggers!

Fearl3$$

I have about 100 Gullible users that fall's for this crap every time... Wording in the e-mails basicly stays the same, The logo's and Subject just changes...
And still they will click on the links provided. And afterwards blame IT for them clicking on the link.

None of these mails has come Through yet... So it is either spam filter that is doing it's job really well for a change or our domains has not been found by the spambots :D

unrealchris

Why is it that a small company like DSTV sends out this warnings, but STD, FNB, ABSA does not?

IceQB

Expert Member
So how did they obtain this email list?
Was DSTV database compromised?
Was site hacked?
They not being very transparent about whats happened. But hey its DSTV what do we expect.