DStv Now - Improvements to web and mobile apps

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
DStv Now - Improvements to web and mobile apps

DStv is facing stiff competition from streaming services like Netflix as well as piracy, but it is fighting back by offering its subscribers an enhanced online experience through its DStv Now service.

Through DStv Now subscribers can watch their favourite movies, TV programmes, and live sports on a wide range of devices.

ECHLN

Its partially broken on the Edge Chromium Beta and has been for a while now. When watching a live stream and about 20 minutes pass by, the image freezes but the audio continues as normal. Click the "Live" icon fixes it but it's annoying. It also has weird artefacts on the non-chromium version of Edge sometimes.

Unreal

I replaced the Explora with the DSTV Now app on the Apple TV and sometimes I miss the Explora.
No rewind feature
You can pause but not go forward once you resume
No recording
And most of the time, the titles don't update correctly so you can end up missing shows.

I'm glad I don't have cables running all over but sometimes the DSTV Now app can kill the experience

Leno

Expert Member
Since they launched the new web app I cant login, just takes me back to the login screen

Cleared cache, tried another pc

IOS and AppleTV login works :/

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Now if only they could fix it so that the sports streams weren't 1-2 minutes behind, so that I can safely check twitter during a game without having a goal spoiled for me.
this.. i literally have to turn off all my notifications from my score alert apps, because i would see a goal scored, before actually seeing it on tv/Tablet/Phone

whatwhat

Executive Member
Pity their quality is so ****. Guess that's what happens when South Africa has some of the most expensive bandwidth in the world.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Since they launched the new web app I cant login, just takes me back to the login screen

Cleared cache, tried another pc

IOS and AppleTV login works :/
Same, Windows 10 1903 build, Nvidia GTX1060, Z77 mobo, i5-3770k CPU...

pouroverguy

this.. i literally have to turn off all my notifications from my score alert apps, because i would see a goal scored, before actually seeing it on tv/Tablet/Phone

Browsing through twitter seeing football fans and pundit's opinions during the games is one of my favorite parts of watching the game. These days I generally look for illegal streams first to find something more in tune with real time, because the legal DSTV now option is minutes behind the actual game.