DStv Now mobile application with live streaming launching soon

FlashSA

Executive Member
Mooi, but let's hope the quality is better than current supersport.com streaming

Tinuva

The Magician
Mooi, but let's hope the quality is better than current supersport.com streaming
Have you looked at it recently? When I streamed the rugby over the weekend, it went all the way up to HD quality for SS1HD streams. Not exactly the same quality as from a decoder, but pretty damn good for the streaming imho.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Have you looked at it recently? When I streamed the rugby over the weekend, it went all the way up to HD quality for SS1HD streams. Not exactly the same quality as from a decoder, but pretty damn good for the streaming imho.
No - last time I tried was for Tour De France and even on 8MB unshaped line, quality was sub SD. Will test tomorrow at the office

labratza

Expert Member
they have done this for mobile. But why dont they create an app for PC where you can stream the live channels if you have a premium subscription? it would be ideal then. like they have the dstv catchup for pc they need to provide a live service as well.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Borrowing parents' login details this weekend. Tablet+Chromecast = Back on TV (and hoping Tinuva is correct re resolution)

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Borrowing parents' login details this weekend. Tablet+Chromecast = Back on TV (and hoping Tinuva is correct re resolution)
Unless you cast the entire display it won't work, I highly doubt they added the ability to cast. Also Tinuva is 100% correct about the quality, it dynamically adjusts to your line speed, no more sudden buffering and it is pretty good if you have a fast line.

Last edited:

maumau

Honorary Master
Silly question, what goes on between the phone and TV has nothing to do with multichoice does it? Why wouldn't it cast?

CuppaJoe

I concur.

The quality is very decent if you have a fast connection.

At the moment it definitely outperforms Sky Sports UK.

kdub

Supersport streaming has definitely improved exponentially recently. Watched the t20 cricket the other day and it was great compared to how it used to be. Used to be unwatchable.

DSTV announcing a couple of nice things recently.

KOPITE

Executive Member
They could have made apps for all platforms where you could stream all your sport content, whether you at home or on the go. If priced decently, they would get a lot of sport lovers queeing up for this service. Instead they throw the premium users card, trying to force the people to take the full package. Must we always think for these clowns. R250 is priced right where you can view your streams on pc, any Android device and iOS platform

kang

This got my attention. Always wanted this feature.

Subscribers to any bouquet with PVR access and an Explora decoder that is connected to the Internet will also be able to set recordings remotely from the app.