DStv Premium subscribers now get Showmax for free

What device are you streaming with?

From experience, Ipad and Playstation seem to have the best streaming quality.

Are you serious? Trust Naspers to use their special dstv vomit edition encoding on showmax as well

Chrome on Windows 10 and an Apple TV. I don't think the device matters as Showmax doesn't offer 1080p, which is abysmal for a streaming service.
 
Chrome on Windows 10 and an Apple TV. I don't think the device matters as Showmax doesn't offer 1080p, which is abysmal for a streaming service.

Personally never had an issue with 720p, 1080p is nice, but definitely not a requirement. But that's me :p
 
Personally never had an issue with 720p, 1080p is nice, but definitely not a requirement. But that's me :p

I use a big TV as a monitor and an even bigger TV as a TV. The quality of Showmax sticks out like a sore thumb among the entertainment options. Even DSTV looks better to me at the same resolution.
 
I use a big TV as a monitor and an even bigger TV as a TV. The quality of Showmax sticks out like a sore thumb among the entertainment options. Even DSTV looks better to me at the same resolution.
Yeah once you watch Netflix in 1080p/4k, the quality of Showmax is a joke...
 
I'm normally happy with high-bitrate 720p. On my small 46" TV, I'm perfectly happy with DSTV's quality.

Showmax is really bad though - much worse than DSTV.
 
I'm normally happy with high-bitrate 720p. On my small 46" TV, I'm perfectly happy with DSTV's quality.

Showmax is really bad though - much worse than DSTV.

They don't want to take away subscribers from DSTV.

Now that DSTV owns Showmax and it is bundled for free on Premium, I am hoping that some of the incentive for them to downgrade the quality goes away.
 
:D that's not Pepper that's Daddy Pig.. Holy ****, I need to get away from this programme lol

Yep, Pappa Pig… I wonder if there's an episode where he sneezes…
 
Use an anon user's digital subscription stuff and contribute towards his subscription tried out showmax today it was taking a hammering buffered like crazy lots of people must have been trying it out
 
Can anyone tell me where this is on xbox one store?

When i google i see showmax is supposedly available on the xbox store but i cant find it
 
Did a quick test - Downloaded a movie on Showmax and compared it with the streaming version. The streaming version is much lower quality! The download was fast, maxing out my 10 mbit fibre.
 
Can someone please advise - if I already have a Showmax account with different details to my DSTV/MC account, do I cancel the subscription associated with that account, and then link Showmax to DSTV using my original DSTV account?

Or can I make the link using the (different) Showmax account - i.e. I don't cancel the Showmax subscription?
 
Can someone please advise - if I already have a Showmax account with different details to my DSTV/MC account, do I cancel the subscription associated with that account, and then link Showmax to DSTV using my original DSTV account?

Or can I make the link using the (different) Showmax account - i.e. I don't cancel the Showmax subscription?

Any Showmax and DSTV accounts can be linked. Just change the payment method in the Showmax account to a linked DSTV account. Have to assume it will work fine.
 
Any Showmax and DSTV accounts can be linked. Just change the payment method in the Showmax account to a linked DSTV account. Have to assume it will work fine.

Ah - so I change it from the Showmax side, using my current account details. That will be easy then, I hope.

I misunderstood, and thought it needed to happen from the DSTV/MC side.

Thanks!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X