e-Waste

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
We now have an e-waste bin at our Church in Alberton.
PM me for the address if you need it.

GforceD

Executive Member
Does the makro e-waste mean I can dump any old batteries and light bulbs off there too?

I got a 22" lcd monitor that's not working, and i know whats wrong with it I could fix it but getting the parts is a pain and it not a full hd monitor. I just can't bring my self to chuck it!

sajunky

Honorary Master
I got a 22" lcd monitor that's not working, and i know whats wrong with it I could fix it but getting the parts is a pain and it not a full hd monitor. I just can't bring my self to chuck it!
Dropbox is in JHB, 2km east of R511, near Diepsloot.
Only for the stuff it can be repaired. PM if you don't mind :)

Last edited:

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Help Needed - Disposal e-waste

Would any of the forumites be able to assit?

I have e-waste in the form of old CRT screens, variuos PCBs, the odd tower and possibly printer and the like. It would be my company waste

I need to dispose of these - legally and safely - in the Durban area.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

TEXTILE GUY

russellO

"Electronic Cemetery is an E-Waste company based in Durban, that delivers a FREE service to businesses in the greater Durban area!! We collect you unwated electronics FREE of charge...."

I know that Mustek also have bins on their premises that where the public can dispose of electronics. I did it two months ago. They just made me remove all packaging - paper, cardboard, plastic, etc.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I need to add my 2c here.
I have scored myself some pretty decent kit, by being willing to repair items people throw out...
At the moment I am looking for a decent-ish (1440 x 900) LCD monitor

RVQ

Expert Member
Are all the replies prior to 2015 still relevant? I have two PSU's that I'm pretty sure are broken, where can I take them to be safely disposed of in JHB?

sajunky

Honorary Master
Are all the replies prior to 2015 still relevant? I have two PSU's that I'm pretty sure are broken, where can I take them to be safely disposed of in JHB?
You can drop it at my place, near Diepsloot. If there are premium grade, it might be worth to repair it. :)

JustinB

I have an old koolance water cooling case that I'm turfing. It was in working order but as I upgraded to a new socket, the waterblock no longer fitted.

It's been in my garage for over a year and now that I've moved I need to get rid of it.

It's free to anybody who can get it from me in either sandton or north riding. If nobody wants it I'll recycle it at the northgate recycling centre.

If you want it, please pm me.

diskette

I am looking for old hardware (provided that it still works). x86 CPUs, motherboards, HDDs etc. If you have any of that sort of waste then I am interested.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Our local PnP have a bin dedicated to batteries, cartridges, light bulbs etc... But it is always over flowing, so basically useless. Won't be surprised if they just go dump it where all the other rubbish goes.

RedViking

Nord of the South
RedVikings are so dumb...
These are PSU's, they use no batteries.

And here I was connecting AAA batteries to my PSU. You want to tell me it is not necessary?

/RV for some reason read UPS

msmoorad

If anyone has any ewaste in the Durban area, pls let me know and I will pick it up