Earth Hour - join the movement...

ConsiderThis

Hay guys...

All you have to do is join in and switch off your lights at 8:30pm on 28 March 2009. As easy as that!

Earth Hour will take stand against global warming. if you join you can make a huge difference to the world... The more people to get involved in Earth Hour 2009, the better the chance of reaching the 1 billion-strong global goal of getting the Climate Change legislation passed at the Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen at the end of 2009.

http://www.earthhour.org.za/?refer=aa7b90e380cb9408a1726c1e90067511

ConsiderThis

Tamm-Anne Fortuin, Marc Lottering, Patricia De Lille, Helen Zille, Archbishop Tutu, Parlotones are all joining...

dappled

Banned
Does the earth accept lay-byes? Eskom treated me to a 12 hour outage last week.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Why not. Save the world by just having an early night. You might even get a noddy badge for being a brave eco warrior
Clearly you did not get the joke. Check the OP's name and what I said.

In any case, I probably wouldn't anyway :p

Ricard

Expert Member
Typical ME ME ME ME ME mentality here! The normal to be expected from many South Africans

This initiative has got NOTHING to do with saving electricity... its got to do with making a quantifiable and measurable difference so that WWF can see how much support is out there.

I really cant believe the apathy.. its pathetic.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Tamm-Anne Fortuin, Marc Lottering, Patricia De Lille, Helen Zille, Archbishop Tutu, Parlotones are all joining...
If you want to convince people to participate, let's just rather NOT use the names of people, some of whom are well-known and others who are mere starlets.

Let's do it because we WANT TO, not because someoone 'famous' is doing it too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BCO

Honorary Master
Typical ME ME ME ME ME mentality here! The normal to be expected from many South Africans

This initiative has got NOTHING to do with saving electricity... its got to do with making a quantifiable and measurable difference so that WWF can see how much support is out there.

+1

If you want to convince people to participate, let's just rather NOT use the names of people, some of whom are well-known and others who are mere starlets.

Let's do it because we WANT TO, not because someoone 'famous' is doing it too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
+1

lws

I wonder if Al Gore and his impressive electricity bill has pledged...

mercurial

MyBB Legend

Bla bla bla. Tree-hugging hippie. :p

mercurial

MyBB Legend
if we could reverse GW I'd join in
but seeing humans contribute like 5% or something...
Precisely. We have had many of these before and little to no people participate. It's a noble effort, but unfortunately, not very effective.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Jeez, people, no-one said GW will be turned around on 28 March if you switch off your lights for one hour. It is a SYMBOL of your commitment to the cause!!!

Alan

Honorary Master
Jeez, people, no-one said GW will be turned around on 28 March if you switch off your lights for one hour. It is a SYMBOL of your commitment to the cause!!!
Some commitment. Problem with GW is the yuppies have jumped on the bandwagon. It's more a slap yourself on the back "we're fighting to save the planet" fest. GW is a godsend for them. You get to save the planet by turning out your lights etc. Nothing like doing something free and easy for a great cause. Hence why it's cool. Go watch Bull**** on the the San Fransisco peaceniks to see what I mean.

If they really want to save the planet lets see these people really put in some hard grafting, some real sacrifice and pain after all humanity is at stake ffs. I'd beat they'd quickly loose the support of the local celebs and the "cool factor" would go out the window.

killadoob

Honorary Master

Can they see how many people are actually doing this? how would they have an idea how much support they have?

I put my lights off at 8:30 and miss the champions league but htf would they know i have just missed some massive soccer match in support of this effort?

They would not know and thats why i find this a joke. This is like an email that claims they can track how many people your sending it to and microsoft will send you a cheque for 20000 dollars.