• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Easiest method of CellC Sim Swop?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Good morning,

My CellC sim card seems to have gone bonkers for some reason, I have no idea why. It just loses connection and my phone reports no sim card after a while. If I use another sim card everything is fine again.

What is the easiest method for me to do a sim swop? Can I just purchase another prepaid sim and slap it in and do something? Or do I really need to go in store and go through the whole procedure.

I'm on prepaid with this sim card.

Thank you.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good morning,

My CellC sim card seems to have gone bonkers for some reason, I have no idea why. It just loses connection and my phone reports no sim card after a while. If I use another sim card everything is fine again.

What is the easiest method for me to do a sim swop? Can I just purchase another prepaid sim and slap it in and do something? Or do I really need to go in store and go through the whole procedure.

I'm on prepaid with this sim card.

Thank you.

Hi |tera|, It seems the sim card might be faulty. You can buy a .99 cent sim card, don't RICA. PM me your alternative number, Cell C number and new sim card RICA serial number . I will will process the sim swap for you. *DM*

Hi |tera|, It seems the sim card might be faulty. You can buy a .99 cent sim card, don't RICA. PM me your alternative number, Cell C number and new sim card RICA serial number . I will will process the sim swap for you. *DM*
Hi DM, currently having very similar difficulties... any chance you could assist? My sim was damaged when attempting to insert it into a cheap and nasty huawei, as my Nokia had been giving issues.

I'm sitting with a phone I can't use, a new unnumbered, unrica'd sim and a truck load of boredom as I can't do anything with either! Please assist! :)

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi DM, currently having very similar difficulties... any chance you could assist? My sim was damaged when attempting to insert it into a cheap and nasty huawei, as my Nokia had been giving issues.

I'm sitting with a phone I can't use, a new unnumbered, unrica'd sim and a truck load of boredom as I can't do anything with either! Please assist! :)
Hi Fluffyct, please pm me the new un'RICA'd sim and your contact details. We'll call you for a security check and swap the sim for you. *DM*

Thanks

Hi Fluffyct, please pm me the new un'RICA'd sim and your contact details. We'll call you for a security check and swap the sim for you. *DM*
Doing so now... unfortunately I'm only contactable on my alternate number after 5pm every day, hope it's not an inconvenience

Thanks to Cell C and call center agent Thapelo for great service!!!!

Many thanks for your assistance with my SIM swap troubles!

#cell_c #bestserviceever #don'tletthebillboardfoolyou ;-)

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Thanks to Cell C and call center agent Thapelo for great service!!!!

Many thanks for your assistance with my SIM swap troubles!

#cell_c #bestserviceever #don'tletthebillboardfoolyou ;-)
Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate it. *DM*

MizzB

Sim Swop Horror

Hello...... I've been struggling for 2 days to do a sim swop with 2 new sims cards thats Rica'd & i really dont need a new number for my clients.Where can i get a sim card thats not Rica'd ?.... HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hello...... I've been struggling for 2 days to do a sim swop with 2 new sims cards thats Rica'd & i really dont need a new number for my clients.Where can i get a sim card thats not Rica'd ?.... HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Hi MizzB

Also check Shoprite or Pick & Pay. PM me the serial number and your contact details. We'll process the sim swap asap.

Regards
Cell C | DM

WireFree

Also check Shoprite or Pick & Pay. PM me the serial number and your contact details. We'll process the sim swap asap.
@Cell C Rep - Why is Cell C unable to perform a SIM swap on RICAed SIM?
Vodacom allows you to do a SIM swap to a newly RICAed SIM card within 24 hours of it being inserted into a phone.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell C Rep - Why is Cell C unable to perform a SIM swap on RICAed SIM?
Vodacom allows you to do a SIM swap to a newly RICAed SIM card within 24 hours of it being inserted into a phone.
Hi WireFree

When you RICA. The sim generates a number, hence we are unable to process a sim swap.

Regards
Cell C | DM

WireFree

When you RICA. The sim generates a number, hence we are unable to process a sim swap.
That's the same with Vodacom - you get a new number after you RICA, but you can do a Vodacom SIM swap within 24 hours of inserting the SIM card in your phone. The new number given to the new SIM card is replaced with your old number after you phone Vodacom customer care.

MTN also lets you SIM swap after RICA.

Try it and C for Yourself.

Last edited:
SIM FAULTY

It seems the sim card might be faulty. I bought a sim card, (didn't RICA it).

I tried twice to do a sim swap but unfortunately I can't answer all the questions right because I don't now how much airtime I bought the last time and when, I don't now how much data I have on my phone when the sim get faulty. The last 3 numbers that I have phone, well Cell C said only 2 is right. I normally use whatsapp so really I don't now all 3 numbers that I phoned the last time : - (

I am more than a week now without a sim and I really don't have time to get to Cell C during the week.

Can you please help!!!

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
It seems the sim card might be faulty. I bought a sim card, (didn't RICA it).

I tried twice to do a sim swap but unfortunately I can't answer all the questions right because I don't now how much airtime I bought the last time and when, I don't now how much data I have on my phone when the sim get faulty. The last 3 numbers that I have phone, well Cell C said only 2 is right. I normally use whatsapp so really I don't now all 3 numbers that I phoned the last time : - (

I am more than a week now without a sim and I really don't have time to get to Cell C during the week.

Can you please help!!!
Hi soekienortje@yahoo.com

Please be advised that we cannot process a sim swap if you have failed the security check. The store can assist if you have an affidavit. This is for security reasons.

^SM

Ley

Sim swap horror

Hey...I have been trying to do a sim swap for the past weekend now after my phone was stolen....

I don't know the last 3 numbers I called so that's why I failed....is there any alternative question I can answer besides that and if not how can I get my number back....This has really abeen pain...

I went to the cell c store in Randfontein and they asked me for the last 5 number I dialed...I can answer every other question but that one...

Please tell me what I can do to get my number back that won't add to my stress right now...
Can I get my number back?

WireFree

Hey...I have been trying to do a sim swap for the past weekend now after my phone was stolen....

I don't know the last 3 numbers I called so that's why I failed....is there any alternative question I can answer besides that and if not how can I get my number back....This has really abeen pain...

I went to the cell c store in Randfontein and they asked me for the last 5 number I dialed...I can answer every other question but that one...

Please tell me what I can do to get my number back that won't add to my stress right now...

If the person who stole your phone also made phone calls, then how you would know the last 3 or 5 numbers called from your SIM?
See if they would be willing to accept frequently called numbers.
Did you report the stolen phone and SIM to the police?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi Ley

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Kindly PM your Cell C number, contact number + RICA serial number.

We would like to assist.

^BM

Hi there please can you maybe help me im loosing it with the contact centre... The gold part of my sim card is not reading in my phone please help me do a sim swap.