Easiest method of CellC Sim Swop?

Wise89

I have a SIM that has no usage. As l was using it on my Wi-Fi. Now l can't SIM swap it since l don't remember the last recharge date and amount PLUS the last dialed numbers. What can l do. Cause l use this number to access my emails and online banking

marioat1

Expert Member
I have a SIM that has no usage. As l was using it on my Wi-Fi. Now l can't SIM swap it since l don't remember the last recharge date and amount PLUS the last dialed numbers. What can l do. Cause l use this number to access my emails and online banking
Just get a new simcard, as you never used the old number.

Wise89

I was using it for the past 9years. All my bank accounts. Job sites and cv l sent all have this number. Please help l need this number back. My clientelle knows this number.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I was using it for the past 9years. All my bank accounts. Job sites and cv l sent all have this number. Please help l need this number back. My clientelle knows this number.
Hi Wise89

You can go to your nearest Cell C store in order to have the sim swap performed. Please ensure that you take your ID with.

Note, you will be asked security related questions.

^MP

ScrooV

Existing Cell-C customer that upgraded to a new contract. A few days ago I received the new phone from Cell-C. It arrived with a new sim card (required due to the old sim not being nano). So I have contacted Cell-C to do the sim swop - they required the serial nr of the new sim, but the agent says, this (brand new) sim is already rica'd so the system won't allow it. Seems impossible, because the new sim was still attached to the the full card - all I did was pop it out and add to the new phone - but of course I get the "Can't register on network" message.

Cell-C agents keep transferring me to activations to find out why, but it just rings for 45 mins plus.

What can I do now to use the new hand set? Not joking, but have spent at least 5 hours on the phone trying to get this sorted.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi ScrooV

Please PM us your Cell C + contact number as well as the RICA serial number of the new SIM card.

^NS

ScrooV

Hi ScrooV

Please PM us your Cell C + contact number as well as the RICA serial number of the new SIM card.

^NS
Thanks Cell_C. I did come right. I went to a Cell-C shop, and they suggested I buy a new Sim Card from PnP. I did this, and the new sim worked after completing the procedure via phone. The shop also checked the bad new sim, and they corrected the info I'd received via my last attempt - and it's not that the SIM had been RICA'd, but rather that the RICA serial had already been used. Strange...

I'm having the same problem, been trying to get my number for weeks and nothing. I lost my phone weeks ago. I was robbed in the morning trying to get to work then same day i bought a non Rica'ed cell c sim and contacted the call center and i give them all the info that they asked but what i get was "we can't help with the sim swap" please if someone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I'm having the same problem, been trying to get my number for weeks and nothing. I lost my phone weeks ago. I was robbed in the morning trying to get to work then same day i bought a non Rica'ed cell c sim and contacted the call center and i give them all the info that they asked but what i get was "we can't help with the sim swap" please if someone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Hi Fredcuna

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Was the SIM card registered with your details?

^NZ

Hi My name is Papama I need to do a Cell C Sim swap but I am struggling with the security questions But the Sim Card was RICAd with my ID number so I can prove the Sim card is mine