Easiest method of CellC Sim Swop?

Ratow

i
Hi there

Please purchase a new sim card that is not registered, then contact us so that we can assist.

You can also email us on sm@cellc.co.za.

^MP
I had to do a Cell C SIM swap a month ago for a faulty SIM.
There are only 2 ways I was told about, but maybe via USSD codes is also an option.

The 1st I'm aware of is to (in your case) somehow get to get to a Cell C shop further away from you, but not all of them provide that service (so you'd have to find that out from the call centre first) - that is what I was told at the time, concerning PE.

The more problematic way is to get a SIM from a retailer that won't require you to RICA it, and then you can either get the call centre to do it over the phone or again, take it to the nearest available Cell C shop.
Problem is, P 'n P, Checkers etc. all require SIMs to be RICA'd before you leave their shops, so you'd have to find one of those cellular repair shops that has Cell C SIMs where they don't RICA them.

Others here might have different or additonal info. to contribute to this.
My gosh why does it have to be so hard to get my number back....thank you very much i will try that
Hi there

Please purchase a new sim card that is not registered, then contact us so that we can assist.

You can also email us on sm@cellc.co.za.

^MP
I will do that thank you

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I'm so disappointed with cell c they don't want to help me simswop
Hi Gugulethudla

Thank you for reaching out to us.

What happened to your SIM card and when last did you use it?

^NZ

susefan

Cellc should make swim swop easier for good guys and difficult for frauds. Last month I needed to urgently sim swop from esim to physical sim after 3.5 months of sms only international roaming. In a cellc store they told me that since I hadn't made any calls in the last three months there was nothing cellc could do. Luckily the esim was still active I ported to a different network to get a physical sim. I will be back to cellc later because I love the prices but I keep thinking suppose I lose my sim or phone and I need my number back will I manage this with Cellc?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi susefan

There is no place like home. You are more than welcome to come back home.

There is a lot of fraud when it comes to SIM swaps and that is why we take the necessary steps to protect you as the customer as well as Cell C.

^NT