eSim is available on CellC

Leno

Expert Member
What is the purpose?

Are all prepaid bundles available on the esim?
My purpose was to port over to CellC, get the eSim so when I am in the UK I can still use it without fumbling with sim cards etc .

Unfortunately they have closed most of the physical stores in PE, so haven't got the eSim yet

Pho3nix

The Legend
Actually getting one today as my Telkom contract has expired and need something for cheap data. Them roaming on MTN is convenient as well

Reactions: Yuu

Leno

Expert Member
I forgot to say I ported from MTN (not eSim yet), and my phone is mosly on airplane mode using wifi calling, works well!

As above, when I am out and about the MTN coverage is good

Pho3nix

The Legend
Anyone got this working properly? Got the sim but LTE doesn't work on it at all. Using an iPhone 12

• Wow

susefan

Anyone got this working properly? Got the sim but LTE doesn't work on it at all. Using an iPhone 12
Esim should work where physical sim works, with no difference. You can enable data roaming.

• Love

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Ok esim active, and switched to connect flexi and bought 5gb data. But no connection for data services :(

• Sad

Yuu

Executive Member
Ok esim active, and switched to connect flexi and bought 5gb data. But no connection for data services :(
If you haven't already, can you try the following:

1) Turn on Airplane mode for about 30s then turn it off. Test
2) Simple thing like a power cycle of your phone aswell.
3) Phone up CellC and ask for a Network Device Refresh [am using a USA reference that we do for customers on Metro By T-Mobile] so hoping they do it similar here, it refreshes the data connection and resolves issues like these.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
If you haven't already, can you try the following:

1) Turn on Airplane mode for about 30s then turn it off. Test
2) Simple thing like a power cycle of your phone aswell.
3) Phone up CellC and ask for a Network Device Refresh [am using a USA reference that we do for customers on Metro By T-Mobile] so hoping they do it similar here, it refreshes the data connection and resolves issues like these.
Guess I will have to give them a call :(

• Sad

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Ok switched 2g to lte then showed 4g+. Now I just need whole western cape cellc network to run on mtn

Pho3nix

The Legend
Ok switched 2g to lte then showed 4g+. Now I just need whole western cape cellc network to run on mtn

Steps to do so? Having the same issue on an iPhone

Edit managed to fix this by turning off Roaming and Mobile Data Switching. Home Connect Flexi isn't for roaming it seems

239c6df2a4c0ea7163f54e1058b744de.jpg

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Mine was disconnected again guess it because my area it switched to 3g. Connectflexi only works on lte. Found app that now only forces lte on that sim

Yuu

Executive Member
@Gtx Gaming Have you tried what @Pho3nix did by turning off roaming and if there's an option for data switching [IOS?] turn that off? @Cell_C May wanna add this to your FAQ so keep support requests low for an issue a user can fix relatively easily :thumbsup:

Give @Pho3nix free data for figuring it out :notworthy::cool:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
@Gtx Gaming Have you tried what @Pho3nix did by turning off roaming and if there's an option for data switching [IOS?] turn that off? @Cell_C May wanna add this to your FAQ so keep support requests low for an issue a user can fix relatively easily

Give @Pho3nix free data for figuring it out :notworthy::cool:
Will try, but thinking it's issue due to singalong and flexi only working on lte :( but all good atm due to forcing 4g on esim

Leno

Expert Member
@Cell_C is there no way to come up with another solution to get a Esim (online etc)?

Finally got a lift to Greenacres branch and they said no they have to order it
You have closed all your other stores in PE