FNB Global Account Card

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
Thanks, will take it up with my banker.
If you want, try making a small purchase on eBay. If this works, then Amazon somehow may be converting your payments into Rand. Or, alternatively, link the card to your Paypal account. If the $2 goes off, then it should be working and the problem is with Amazon. By the way, once the card is confirmed on Paypal they will refund the $2.

ebrahim786

If you want, try making a small purchase on eBay. If this works, then Amazon somehow may be converting your payments into Rand. Or, alternatively, link the card to your Paypal account. If the $2 goes off, then it should be working and the problem is with Amazon. By the way, once the card is confirmed on Paypal they will refund the $2.
will give this a shot

Gamer

Expert Member
I've made a few purchases from Amazon Italy (I'm in Italy on holiday at the moment) using my GA card without any hassle. All parcels delivered without a hitch.

ebendl

Expert Member
I also found the card terminal at the Starbucks in Schiphol airport offered me to pay in either Euros or Rands when using the global card. Ended up picking Euros.

My banker also confirmed that you won't get more 10-free-visits with multiple cards. Getting a GBP card this week, will check if i can create an additional account on Loungekey.

Unfortunately I have not been able to actually use Loungekey. The Aspire lounge at Schiphol was so busy that they put up a sign outside saying no members of the following programs allowed at the time (and then listed Loungekey, Priority Pass and a bunch of others).

Gamer

Expert Member
Back from 2 weeks in Italy, card worked 100% fine. One pay point at a shop in Rome asked if I wanted to be billed in ZAR or EURO's, but no others asked about that. Lounge access: Dubai lounge @ B (including shower facilities) there and back and Rome (Plaza Premium lounge) all 100% fine.

Rocco1

Used lounge key at T2 heathrow was a pleasure. Just a heads up - though the departures lounge is big and nice, its a long walk to to T2B terminal, so keep that in mind.
The small lounge on exit (arrivals and departures can attend) is nice, but can't get a seat in peak morning times, so best to go offpeak only

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Had an opportunity to use the lounge at Entebbe. Not the grandest of lounges but better than the alternative.

BlockingThePass

Any one having any problems?

I have been trying to load some British pounds for around a week now the funds are taken out from my cheque account but are not being moved to the global account?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The lounge at Kigali is actually called the Dream Lounge but still accepts Lounge Key.

ebendl

Expert Member
Used mine in the lounge at Porto Airport, Portugal. Worked fine.

Both my colleage and myself had issues with our Global GBP card in Tesco, Manchester. The machines didn't pick up the chip nor did wireless tap work. Really weird.

It worked fine with my EUR card and the GBP cards also worked fine at other places.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Can any seasoned traveller comment on the LoungeKey lounges at Heathrow Terminal 3? I'm returning to Slaapstad tomorrow after a fantastic trip to Old Blighty. Need my last memory to be a good one :p

tRoN

Executive Member
So I’m on my trip in Europe with the global card.
My colleague with me is showing off his standard bank shyft card.
He says it’s one card with multiple currencies and the exchange forex rate is much better.

Anyone with experience with the shift

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Can any seasoned traveller comment on the LoungeKey lounges at Heathrow Terminal 3? I'm returning to Slaapstad tomorrow after a fantastic trip to Old Blighty. Need my last memory to be a good one :p
There are two lounges. No.1 Lounge is larger and by far the best, yet Aspire lounge is quite small and possibly the worst lounge I’ve ever been in. No.1 Lounge has a good buffet spread but you can also order a hot meal from the bar. Aspire lounge has a small buffet with little choice. Usually some dried out pasta or something.

No. 1 Lounge gets busy and they may not let you in, if that’s the case rather wait than go to the Aspire lounge. It’s that bad.

Antelope

He says it’s one card with multiple currencies and the exchange forex rate is much better.

If you are looking at costs involved, Capitec debit card would probably be better

For a R5 monthly fee, and no exchange rate percentage charges for foreign purchases

Although you wouldn't earn ebucks

It will also probably be much easier to use as it's a bank account as opposed to a cash card with many limitations and only an ID is needed to open the account

Pho3nix

The Legend
So I’m on my trip in Europe with the global card.

Anyone with experience with the shift
It’s true. One card with multiple currencies but don’t think you get lounge access which is a big draw I’m guessing.

Also, withdrawing back to your SA account is a bit of a process last I checked :| but it’s free so worth a try if you’d like I suppose

tRoN

Executive Member
The shyft card is like a prepaid foreign currency card which helps you lock the forex rate

Gamer

Expert Member
Guys, what's the impact of using my GA card (Euro) in a foreign country of a different currency (Mauritian Rupees in this case)?
Each transaction at whatever the bank decides is the correct exchange rate or are there fee's/charges per transaction too?
Thanks

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Guys, what's the impact of using my GA card (Euro) in a foreign country of a different currency (Mauritian Rupees in this case)?
Each transaction at whatever the bank decides is the correct exchange rate or are there fee's/charges per transaction too?
Thanks
I would imagine there may be charges in some countries and each country and bank may well differ. My experience however, I've used my GA Euro card in Dubai, Turkey and Indonesia and each time I've had no additional charges other than the conversion rate being in their favour a few points.

So generally it's the same as using your normal FNB current account bank card overseas. If you use an ATM they will give you a rate which you have no say over, and if you use at a POS they will ask you if you want to be charged in local currency or Rands (not the currency on the GA card). The deduction is then made from your balance in Euros.