FNB Global Account Card

Gamer

Expert Member
I would imagine there may be charges in some countries and each country and bank may well differ. My experience however, I've used my GA Euro card in Dubai, Turkey and Indonesia and each time I've had no additional charges other than the conversion rate being in their favour a few points.

So generally it's the same as using your normal FNB current account bank card overseas. If you use an ATM they will give you a rate which you have no say over, and if you use at a POS they will ask you if you want to be charged in local currency or Rands (not the currency on the GA card). The deduction is then made from your balance in Euros.
Thanks, that works for me, I'll earn some eBucks on my upcoming trip to MU next week with the left over Euro's from my Italy trip a couple of weeks ago. I won't need to draw cash

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
I can heartily recommend the No.1 Lounge at Heathrow (Terminal 3). Very good. Fortunately, wasn't at all busy when I went. Even the toilets are somewhat luxurious.

Gamer

Expert Member
Hey all, anyone used the GC at Harare Int. airport lounge? Is it accepted without issue, is the lounge even worth it?

Gamer

Expert Member
Thanks, yes, I'm well aware of where I am at the moment, my expectations are realistic ;) .
I'll be flying out tomorrow so will see what it's like, it *must* be better than sitting in the normal waiting area :ROFL:

It's not all bad here, yesterday I was having a good lunch under the trees, in a beautiful setting.

RandomGeek

Thanks, yes, I'm well aware of where I am at the moment, my expectations are realistic ;) .
I'll be flying out tomorrow so will see what it's like, it *must* be better than sitting in the normal waiting area :ROFL:

It's not all bad here, yesterday I was having a good lunch under the trees, in a beautiful setting.

Nice to see some green...

Gamer

Expert Member
So the lounge at Harare int. could be worse.
About a 60 seater, self service everything. Coffee/tea station. Fruit, finger snacks. One choice hot meal (today it's a Thai style chicken curry, with savory rice and veg). Bar with all the essential hard stuff you may want. Fridges with water, soda, basic selection of beers, soft drinks etc. WiFi.

Some pics of the grandness
Yes, I'm the only one in here, a flight to Kenya just boarded, so the 5 other people just left