FNB Global Account Card

Speedster

Executive Member
Sitting in the Marhaba lounge Dubai terminal 3 gate c23. No problem getting in with the digital card held in my Apple wallet. Just realising I should have tried the LoungeKey app first but at least they take digital cards.

Bon Appetit

Nice!

jpd

I just opened a Global Account (USD). How do I actually order a card? Dont see any options for that.

Womz

I transferred $11K from my USD global account to my IB account (also USD), and I remember it costing over R600 even without currency conversion. I now use E4F who don't charge fees if you transfer over R100K, and their rate is better than FNB too.
Are they safe? I have read a number of horrible reviews about them.

JayM

Expert Member
Are they safe? I have read a number of horrible reviews about them.
I've done 7 or 8 transfers with them over the past 5 years, the most recent in April. Nothing bad to report.

jpd

I opened a USD Global Account and just ordered a debit card linked to that account (USD). I am travelling to Europe soon was wondering if I should also open a Euro Global Account and order an additional debit card for withdrawal of Euros in Europe from ATM's. I could obviously use the USD card but I assume there will be additional charges and/or fees related to forex conversions.

Suggestions?

Snyper564

Expert Member
I opened a USD Global Account and just ordered a debit card linked to that account (USD). I am travelling to Europe soon was wondering if I should also open a Euro Global Account and order an additional debit card for withdrawal of Euros in Europe from ATM's. I could obviously use the USD card but I assume there will be additional charges and/or fees related to forex conversions.

Suggestions?
I would stick to that currency. I am travelling to France end of next month and my EURO Global account is nicely primed for the trip would never open a USD acc and use it there...

Napalm2880

Expert Member
I just opened a Global Account (USD). How do I actually order a card? Dont see any options for that.
I ordered a card on the 10th for delivery to my local branch. I got no notification of delivery but I popped to the branch on the 13th to see if they had my card, only to find the branch had closed it's doors. I've been fighting to find my card for the last week without success. :mad:

So yeah, pay extra and go for courier to your place of work / home.

Oh and to order the card, follow the following steps:

• Select 'My Bank Accounts'
  • Select 'My Cards'
  • Select the 'My Cards Menu' on the left of the screen
  • Select 'Cheque Card'
  • Select applicable Global Account
  • Select 'Card Type'
  • Choose delivery method
  • Insert contact details and select 'Confirm'

Last edited:

Napalm2880

Expert Member
When I look at my FNB Global Debit card under the account in my online banking profile, it shows "Online Secure: Activation required".

It's a new card and I've just 'activated' it using the FNB app. Is this normal?

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Also... any ideas on how to 'test' my Global debit card to make sure it's 100% working... so that I don't have issues when I land in Europe?

signates

Executive Member
Also... any ideas on how to 'test' my Global debit card to make sure it's 100% working... so that I don't have issues when I land in Europe?
No need to test it but you could add it the loungekey app to see if it activates and you get the free access or you could also try to buy something online from a store that charges in euros.

My wife didn't need to activate her card for international transactions to use it in the UK.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Have any of you guys been able to change the PIN on your FNB Global Account debit card? I've tried to change it online but it returns with an error "Create PIN functionality not enabled for this card", tried at an ATM but the PIN change functionality is greyed out, and even went to a branch but they couldn't figure out why. Eventually I called my private banker and they confirmed that you definitely can't change the PIN for this card but they were unable to explain why. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Could always buy something online from a foreign store. Im buying our train tickets for france ahead of time with this.

signates

Executive Member
Have any of you guys been able to change the PIN on your FNB Global Account debit card? I've tried to change it online but it returns with an error "Create PIN functionality not enabled for this card", tried at an ATM but the PIN change functionality is greyed out, and even went to a branch but they couldn't figure out why. Eventually I called my private banker and they confirmed that you definitely can't change the PIN for this card but they were unable to explain why. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Knowing the process to change a normal card I actually told my wife to not try and change the pin as we were not sure how they would be able to verify the pin change at an international point of sale device. Your post actually confirms my initial concerns that we might have an issue if we tried and the card might have been accidently cancelled. The pin we got was however the same as one of my existing pins so not really an issue to remember it.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Knowing the process to change a normal card I actually told my wife to not try and change the pin as we were not sure how they would be able to verify the pin change at an international point of sale device. Your post actually confirms my initial concerns that we might have an issue if we tried and the card might have been accidently cancelled. The pin we got was however the same as one of my existing pins so not really an issue to remember it.
Every avenue I tried to use to change the PIN was blocked, so I don't think you would have any issue.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Pin cannot be changed I even went to the branch.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Can confirm that it works on amazon. Should work on ebay as well.

Bought my wife a Samsung galaxy watch from the US amazon site. The USD price for the item was the exact amount deducted from my card. No forex conversion fee when buying in the currency of the card.
If you load dollars into the card (using rands) do you pay any conversion fees and forex fees when originally putting the funds into the card?

signates

Executive Member
If you load dollars into the card (using rands) do you pay any conversion fees and forex fees when originally putting the funds into the card?
No forex fees or conversion fees. Fnb will quote a buy or sell rate depending if you taking out or putting in.