FNB Global Account Card

deweyzeph

Executive Member
No forex fees or conversion fees. Fnb will quote a buy or sell rate depending if you taking out or putting in.
Another thing that happens when you transfer money from your ZAR account to your USD or GBP account is that your money is SARB cleared when you transfer it (i.e. you have to specify a BOP code, and it goes through exchange controls) which means when you actually spend it from your account through using the card or doing a SWIFT payment you don't have to go through the clearance process again.

RandomGeek

Regarding the Global Card (debit) do you need to inform FNB before travelling overseas like you are supposed to do with a Credit Card?

Last edited:

RandomGeek

Unlike the Credit Card you should only be able to use the Debit Card in a physical store, and not over the Internet. So probably less chance for fraud compared to credit cards in general

signates

Expert Member
Unlike the Credit Card you should only be able to use the Debit Card in a physical store, and not over the Internet. So probably less chance for fraud compared to credit cards in general
The global card is a full visa card with embossed card number and can be used online. Similar to a normal cheque card.

It's not a visa electron card that cannot be used online.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Just got charged for the lounge today, hopefully it will be refunded. I used the digital card in the app.
Which lounge?

On the subject, I posted a couple of weeks ago about taking a pal into the domestic lounge at Jakarta airport and they didn't have a QR scanner so she just wrote my Loungekey membership number down from the app. Well the visit still hasn't come off. I reckon it was probably easier for her to forget about it :p

Which lounge?

On the subject, I posted a couple of weeks ago about taking a pal into the domestic lounge at Jakarta airport and they didn't have a QR scanner so she just wrote my Loungekey membership number down from the app. Well the visit still hasn't come off. I reckon it was probably easier for her to forget about it :p
Was in Dublin Ireland.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Was in Dublin Ireland.
I remember noticing once or twice that when you used the Slow Lounge they would take R250 out of your account and put it back in again. I've never looked at my statements for such a long time so I haven't noticed if they still do, but I'm sure they will refund.

travcaine

I remember noticing once or twice that when you used the Slow Lounge they would take R250 out of your account and put it back in again. I've never looked at my statements for such a long time so I haven't noticed if they still do, but I'm sure they will refund.
They still take the money with the Slow lounge and reverse it. That is why I am wondering, would I be able to access a lounge using Lounge Key without having funds in the account???

Spizz

Goat Botherer
They still take the money with the Slow lounge and reverse it. That is why I am wondering, would I be able to access a lounge using Lounge Key without having funds in the account???
Ah okay. I've never noticed any transaction after using LounkeKey, and I'd imagine an entirely different process because they swipe your actual FNB card when entering the Slow Lounge, but with LK it's a dedicated LK card. Not a bank card.

So with Slow Lounge they refund you if you have visits available on your account, keep the money if you do not. On LK they check how many visits you have immediately and deduct one.

Drifter

Honorary Master
FNB Global account cant be used at slow lounge, it's domestic. You need a Private client cheque card or CC to use the slow lounge. When I tried to enet the slow lounge at OR Tambo with mu Global account they refused access unless I pay the $27 pp. I presented my PC Cheque card and I got access with no charge, but only if your E-Bucks is at least tier 1.

I used Loungekey to get access to the lounge at Varna airport, no issues. Just showed them the app and voila.