Groggyme

So it's not just me, seems cool ideas customers are unaffected by this for some reason, somehow.
Well I guess I am moving my line over to Cool Ideas at the end of the month. No loss for Afrihost, they own CI and Im already paying a damn premium on a rubbish 30/3 line so may as well pay more...

Leno

Expert Member
So my theory/speculation

The NLD links will come in multiple pairs, often if the total link is more than an economical interface speed on the core equipment (10G vs 40G etc)

So FF probably assign various ISP VLAN's to different NLD pairs
I think Afrihost mentioned that have more than one VLAN for FF PE as the traffic is probably higher than one NLD pair

Perhaps its luck of the draw that Cool Idea's are not on one of the congested/faulty pairs
I am in the UK now but ran a few traceroutes remotely from my Rocketnet FF connection and it also looked ok

With the EVPN changes maybe something is not configured correctly for some of the VLANS

Spottedcat

What happens in PE does not stay in PE ...........

To my knowledge Frogfoot is running the infrastructure along the Garden route and south coast up to Durban and therefore also the majority of the infrastructure within towns along this route. I'm located in Swellendam and we have been suffering from exactly the same problems since Sunday, 13th March from approxomately 18h30, irrespective of ISP.

The majority tv that I watch I stream from either the UK or US, to say the least it has been an utter nightmare and frustration. Consistently every evening from around 18h30 to about 23h00. Reset my tv boxes, reinstalled apps etc.

I've been on fibre since February last year and up to Sunday mentioned above, I have only experienced issues twice. Normal evenings I stream about 10 gig, weekends around 22 gig per day. I've been with the "same" ISP since 1996, then iAfrica-->Mweb (now IS). Always had excellent service, lived in CT up to 2013.

Leno

Expert Member
What happens in PE does not stay in PE ...........

To my knowledge Frogfoot is running the infrastructure along the Garden route and south coast up to Durban and therefore also the majority of the infrastructure within towns along this route. I'm located in Swellendam and we have been suffering from exactly the same problems since Sunday, 13th March from approxomately 18h30, irrespective of ISP.

The majority tv that I watch I stream from either the UK or US, to say the least it has been an utter nightmare and frustration. Consistently every evening from around 18h30 to about 23h00. Reset my tv boxes, reinstalled apps etc.

I've been on fibre since February last year and up to Sunday mentioned above, I have only experienced issues twice. Normal evenings I stream about 10 gig, weekends around 22 gig per day. I've been with the "same" ISP since 1996, then iAfrica-->Mweb (now IS). Always had excellent service, lived in CT up to 2013.
Thanks for the feedback, I was wondering if the other towns on the NLD had issues

Spottedcat

Thanks for the feedback, I was wondering if the other towns on the NLD had issues
I did contact Mweb as only major FF faults or problems are shown on their network status page. Hopefully someone will take it up with FF as it is really a poor show on their part.

Convex

We have made some adjustments to the vlans.

Has performance improved tonight?
So far so good, no packet loss. I have someone from afrihost phoning at 7pm to run tests. Gonna look like a fool now, if everything runs smoothly.
1.PNG

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
So far so good, no packet loss. I have someone from afrihost phoning at 7pm to run tests. Gonna look like a fool now, if everything runs smoothly.

If the issue is resolved then we are happy.