Retro1337

Do you guys get pro rata rebates for the times when your service providers are unable to provide the line speeds that you are paying for?

I was on the verge of switching from Telkom ADSL to fibre until a found this thread a few months ago.

Unfortunately the area where I stay can only accommodate a max speed of 20Mbps, but at least I see ~18.5Mbps most of the time. Dealing with Telkom comes with it's own set of frustrations though.
Haven't had a speed issue from ISP side, most issues have been due to frogfoot. Unfortunately no compensation :(

if you wanting stability i would stay on your ADSL line until december when new dark fibre's cable goes live and then see how performance is, i guess.

Side not : I have spoken to a friend in CPT who said hes only ever been down 1 or twice so seems to be just frogfoots poor infrastructure in PE.

skusku

I wanted to join frogfoot even before they arrived in PE, but I saw so many downtime that I am happy not to have moved. Yes I can save R150 a month but it will most probably cost more in "damages" when its offline as the internet is used as a primary income each month.

JabesPE

Frogfoot have a in-progress fault currently on their webpage which started yesterday and is still yet to be resolved...I've had poor connection/disconnects from servers/packet loss and high latency the whole weekend.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
VPN to my workplace (JHB) is dreadful today. 0.52Mbps down and up, 430ms ping with 730ms jitter on a 20Mbps line

joshsparkie

Something happened just after 10am, latency to my 1st hop in JHB now +-36ms instead of usual +-28ms (being routed through JHB ENNI) does this mean the PE-JHB NLD is possibly down and I've been routed via the PE-DBN NLD to JHB?

1598954162407.png

edit: back to normal just after 12 again

Last edited: