Frogfoot Port Elizabeth

I see Openserve are trenching around me. I will be making the switch once done. Frogfoot are useless (tagged them on Twitter and they don't even respond; do so on FB and they delete your message...seen that happen to others).
Vox can take a hike with them too. Now to decide who to use with Openserve that's not going to break the bank financially.
 
I see Openserve are trenching around me. I will be making the switch once done. Frogfoot are useless (tagged them on Twitter and they don't even respond; do so on FB and they delete your message...seen that happen to others).
Vox can take a hike with them too. Now to decide who to use with Openserve that's not going to break the bank financially.
I'd willingly pay more just to get away from FF. See it as an investment into your sanity
 
I'd willingly pay more just to get away from FF. See it as an investment into your sanity
Good day. Thank you for your post. Please advise as to what your query pertains to in order for us to assist you accordingly. Thank you
 
I'd willingly pay more just to get away from FF. See it as an investment into your sanity
I see Openserve are trenching around me. I will be making the switch once done. Frogfoot are useless (tagged them on Twitter and they don't even respond; do so on FB and they delete your message...seen that happen to others).
Vox can take a hike with them too. Now to decide who to use with Openserve that's not going to break the bank financially.
Good day JohnStarr. Thank you for your post. Kindly elaborate on your complaint in order for us to assist you accordingly.
 
Good day. Thank you for your post. Please advise as to what your query pertains to in order for us to assist you accordingly. Thank you.
Hi Frogfoot

Just read up a couple of pages and you will see what we are talking about. The service in Port Elizabeth and surrounds is absolutely appalling, and it's not just been recently. This has been going on for years now.
 
Good day JohnStarr. Thank you for your post. Kindly elaborate on your complaint in order for us to assist you accordingly.
Well you're constantly upgrading your network kit in PLZ (almost weekly we get notifications of possible downtime due to software/firmware upgrades); we go down regularly for a few minutes at a time which directly affects work and VPNs; you had that big outage with no information supplied as to why (like it's some kind of state secret), and honestly I don't log calls anymore for these sudden disconnects. It got me nowhere.
Restart the ONT, restart the WiFi router and 5 minutes later we are back on. No need to trouble you guys because you take too long to respond anyway.

Put it this way: In all the years I had Telkom ADSL, they went down fewer times over that period than Frogfoot did over the course of a 3 week period last year. 9 years with Telkonm and we went down maybe 8x; 3 weeks with you lot and we went down 12x.

I've stopped counting.
 
Hi Frogfoot

Just read up a couple of pages and you will see what we are talking about. The service in Port Elizabeth and surrounds is absolutely appalling, and it's not just been recently. This has been going on for years now.
Our senior engineers are investigating and trying to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. We will update you when we have more news.​
 
Our senior engineers are investigating and trying to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. We will update you when we have more news.​
Come on, that's a stock standard response without responding to the statement. Your issues are always being responded too. Are they ever resolved? You don't seem to realise or care that this has a very real impact on people WFH. Support is non-existent. You respond hours later or close the call after the issue (like yesterday) was resolved hours before).
There are literally 100s of people who use FF as their backbone who would hop off at the very first chance they get. No apologies, just more standard nothing statements.
 
Hi John Starr. We do apologize for this and can understand your frustration, However we are with urgency attending to the issue and once we have feedback we will revert back.
 
Hi John Starr. We do apologize for this and can understand your frustration, However we are with urgency attending to the issue and once we have feedback we will revert back.
Is there a problem in CPT that is affecting connectivity in PE? I have not had internet at home since 745ish this morning. Afrihost is doing a great job keeping me updated but I would like to hear from the horses mouth @Frogfoot Fibre .
 
Is there a problem in CPT that is affecting connectivity in PE? I have not had internet at home since 745ish this morning. Afrihost is doing a great job keeping me updated but I would like to hear from the horses mouth @Frogfoot Fibre .
Frogfoot never come back to you. Never. It's up to your ISP to take the flak and update the end user.
There was a massive outage affecting both the WC & EC on Monday due to Frogfoot going down. Then it was fixed and that's the last we heard of it.
Welcome to endless patching, software & firmware updates and notifications.
 
Is there a problem in CPT that is affecting connectivity in PE? I have not had internet at home since 745ish this morning. Afrihost is doing a great job keeping me updated but I would like to hear from the horses mouth @Frogfoot Fibre .

We are experiencing servery degraded and intermittent services in CPT. We are working on implementing a fix asap. Apologies for the issues experienced.
 
According to Axxess no issues

This is in response to ticket: no internet, created on 2021-10-06 17:55:20

Thank you for contacting Axxess technical support. Apologies for the inconvenience

We have checked the line on our end. No abnormalities were found. This might be an internal network problem. The link is up and there is an active session. Kindly reboot the router and check the connection again.

If the issue persists, kindly assist with the below.

Bla bla bla
 
Speeds are absolutely atrocious tonight. This is supposed to be a 30/30 line as per my ISP. Uploads are fine at around 28Mbps but downloads are nonexistent.

Screenshot_20211006-225356_Brave_1.png
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X