Frogfoot Port Elizabeth

Outage Update:

Outage title: Outage | PLZ | Lorraine | Degraded Services
Service Type: FTTH
Outage ref (solid): FRG2905749
Impact start time: 13:59 2022-06-05
Impact: Degraded

Outage Update:
-- Outage has been logged with the FF Maintenance team
-- The team is currently on site busy investigating
-- The team is busy testing from manhole to manhole
-- The team is en route to Lorraine Node, to resume testing on that other end
 
Outage Update:

Outage title: Outage | PLZ | Lorraine | Degraded Services
Service Type: FTTH
Outage ref (solid): FRG2905749
Impact start time: 13:59 2022-06-05
Impact: Degraded

Outage Update:
-- Outage has been logged with the FF Maintenance team
-- The team is currently on site busy investigating
-- The team is busy testing from manhole to manhole
-- The team is en route to Lorraine Node, to resume testing on that other end


Outage Resolved:

Outage title: Outage | PLZ | Lorraine | Degraded Services
Service Type: FTTH
Outage ref (solid): FRG2905749
Impact start time: 13:59 2022-06-05
Impact stop time: 19:30 2022-06-05
Impact: Degraded

Outage Update:
-- Outage has been logged with the FF Maintenance team
-- The team is currently on site busy investigating
-- The team is busy testing from manhole to manhole
-- The team is at the Lorraine Node, preparing to test on site.
-- Backhaul Link between Walmer and Lorraine restored.
-- Services have been restored.
 
Maintenance tonight, looks like its related to the issue we had in the Lorraine area on Sunday:


Change Request Reference:FRG2927885
Change Title:Port Elizabeth fail over testing
Maintenance Type:Emergency
Maintenance Description:Deemed non service affecting. Engineers will be creating failover scenarios in order to test fail-over is working as intended.
Technical Description:The MetroEthernet Team will be conducting testing to ensure fail-over is working as intended. This is to avoid unscheduled impact in the event of a backhaul failure.
Impact Description:Services should not be impacted during the change window, but will be at risk.
Reason for change:Avoid unscheduled impact in the event of a backhaul failure. This is following the event causing outage FRG2905749 on the 5th June 2022
Probability of customer impact:Low
Maintenance Date and Time:2022-06-08 04:00:00.0 to 2022-06-08 06:00:00.0
Change Status:Planned Change
 
Maintenance tonight, looks like its related to the issue we had in the Lorraine area on Sunday:


Change Request Reference:FRG2927885
Change Title:Port Elizabeth fail over testing
Maintenance Type:Emergency
Maintenance Description:Deemed non service affecting. Engineers will be creating failover scenarios in order to test fail-over is working as intended.
Technical Description:The MetroEthernet Team will be conducting testing to ensure fail-over is working as intended. This is to avoid unscheduled impact in the event of a backhaul failure.
Impact Description:Services should not be impacted during the change window, but will be at risk.
Reason for change:Avoid unscheduled impact in the event of a backhaul failure. This is following the event causing outage FRG2905749 on the 5th June 2022
Probability of customer impact:Low
Maintenance Date and Time:2022-06-08 04:00:00.0 to 2022-06-08 06:00:00.0
Change Status:Planned Change
Saw that come through last night and I had a bit of vomit come up.

After the trash from last week (Rain tried to deliver the router and SIM today! I wasn't home), I get the creeps when I see those emails come through and expect the worst.

We got nothing from the MyBB article last week explaining it. Was very one-sided with it being a sponsored article basically with no comments allowed.
Can't have one of the advertisers here get obliterated by irate users.
 
Saw that come through last night and I had a bit of vomit come up.

After the trash from last week (Rain tried to deliver the router and SIM today! I wasn't home), I get the creeps when I see those emails come through and expect the worst.

We got nothing from the MyBB article last week explaining it. Was very one-sided with it being a sponsored article basically with no comments allowed.
Can't have one of the advertisers here get obliterated by irate users.
I actually think it’s unethical of myBB to have published an excuse laden “advertorial” from FF instead of doing some real investigative journalism exposing what has to be the worst FNO in the country.

But instead we will surely have another “this week on Disney+ we tested episodes of the Gummi bears back catalogue to see which microwave popcorn tasted best”.
 
I actually think it’s unethical of myBB to have published an excuse laden “advertorial” from FF instead of doing some real investigative journalism exposing what has to be the worst FNO in the country.

But instead we will surely have another “this week on Disney+ we tested episodes of the Gummi bears back catalogue to see which microwave popcorn tasted best”.
I read that article, and on both sides it had adverts from Frogfoot. What an insult to those of us who were off for well over a day.
So much for being objective too. Marketing from Frogfoot went into very high alert.
 
Terribly degraded performance / packetloss on Frogfoot tonight.
Nothing this side, but I don't have the stats to back that up as I was fiddling with my load balance setup today when they delivered the Rain SIM and router.

You're from the Garden Route if I recall correctly?
 
All good our side with no streaming issues on Netflix last night. Will see how today goes.
 
Nothing this side, but I don't have the stats to back that up as I was fiddling with my load balance setup today when they delivered the Rain SIM and router.

You're from the Garden Route if I recall correctly?

Yup. Usually when we're in the shite, then you guys are right there with us.
Surprisingly, this one time it wasn't Frogfoot it seems, but a CISP issue between CPT-Jhb.

Guess there's a first for everything (Frogfoot not to blame)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X