South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
UPDATE
The whole of Amsterdamhoek and Bluewaterbay will soon be cut over to FTTH !!!!!!!!
Openserve are busy there RIGHT NOW.
Well Newton Park looks pretty much dug up installed and covered.
Just a matter of time I reckon.
Hopefully Fernglen and Sunridge are next. The wait is agonising.
Seriously? I post my own user experience, just like I did when I was with Telkom Internet since dial-up days. Right now I have an issue with speed tests reflecting different results but it has not impacted my service. I have raised it with CW as it would appear to be a peering issue somewhere... am waiting for feedback. see for yourself:
Ookla tests
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
MyBB tests
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2108255
View attachment 449240
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2108280
View attachment 449244
Ping seems kinda high for fibre no?
Ping seems kinda high for fibre no?
Nothing wrong with backhaul at NTP. Major Fibre hub.Important thing is that the newton park exchange be upgraded as well. No point in getting fibre when exchange cant handle the rape...
We need a big fibre backbone aswell
Nothing wrong with backhaul at NTP. Major Fibre hub.
You need to think away from the word "exchange".Major fibre hub? The exchange?
You need to think away from the word "exchange".
Nothing wrong with backhaul at NTP. Major Fibre hub.
Sigh still no movement into Newton Park despite them digging up my street long ago
Seriously? I post my own user experience, just like I did when I was with Telkom Internet since dial-up days. Right now I have an issue with speed tests reflecting different results but it has not impacted my service. I have raised it with CW as it would appear to be a peering issue somewhere... am waiting for feedback. see for yourself:
Ookla tests
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
MyBB tests
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2108255
View attachment 449240
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2108280
View attachment 449244
Yep, upload issue has been raised with Openserve for a while already. Fortunately I'm not reliant on it so it does not impact me to the extent that it would others.What's with the upload..
Wat your package?
Yep, upload issue has been raised with Openserve for a while already. Fortunately I'm not reliant on it so it does not impact me to the extent that it would others.
100/50
R1299 bundleDamn...
Price?![]()
R1299 bundle