Harassment / Death Threats, help!

Wetim

Hi MyBroadband community!

A guy has been calling and harassing my girlfriend, sending death threats and generally being an *******.
We've reported him to the police, however I doubt they'll be able to do anything.

I've managed to get a bit of information on him... In doing so I've signed him up to a couple spam sites, hoping the community could help signing up to even more, what do you think?

Name: Modisaotsile Megalane
Number: 0783305044

Attachments

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Go to the cops.

Although probably someone who has very little to do and to much time on their hands. Seems like a real Mensa candidate.

Nick333

Honorary Master
If this was random it would be mildly disturbing, but hard to take seriously. The question is why would some random dude pick a random chick and start harassing her?

wolverine_dcp

Expert Member
If this was random it would be mildly disturbing, but hard to take seriously. The question is why would some random dude pick a random chick and start harassing her?
Exactly my thoughts,there is definitely more to this story

Wetim

Full Story:

Couple missed calls, called back, told to read message, (refer to image), ignored, he called a couple more times, finally answered, multiple people on the phone screaming death threats including woman, hung up, they keep calling, go to cops, not very reassuring, spam continues.

We've not done much to anyone, really no reason for this, never met these people, have kept our heads low for the most part.

Story continues: Search the number on FB, get name, spend 5 hours signing up to every insurance company, online gambling agency and post adds on random directories. Figured he'd stop the spam if he gets the spam... What better community to help shut this person down than MyBroadband, hence the plea for help.

Anthro

Expert Member
I have inboxed him on your behalf asking why he wants to "merder" me.

Anthro

Expert Member
Now here is the true question no one else wants to ask.
Your girlfriends number, and how long has she had that.. is he not mistaking her for someone who had the number previously (considering how quickly cell numbers are recycled in South Africa)

envo

Expert Member
Let's see if a phising attempt gets more details.

I'm going to SMS him saying he won a competition and should email his address for delivery

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Wait, has no one else here done that with a pretty girl working in a mall?

I have 1 at the health spa, 5 at the nail salon, 1 in Foschinis and 1 who used to work at Woolworths but is now at Ackermans at another mall.

Wetim

Now here is the true question no one else wants to ask.
Your girlfriends number, and how long has she had that.. is he not mistaking her for someone who had the number previously (considering how quickly cell numbers are recycled in South Africa)
Certainly possible, she's had the number for a couple years. I'd personally love to just call it a "wrong number" and move on, it's hard to do after this the recent stalker killer incident though.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
just get truecaller on her phone and block his number and anyone else from his merdiring family

rietrot

Honorary Master
I don't believe it's just a random guy. Your girlfriend probably had an affair with him.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Wait, has no one else here done that with a pretty girl working in a mall?

I have 1 at the health spa, 5 at the nail salon, 1 in Foschinis and 1 who used to work at Woolworths but is now at Ackermans at another mall.
Too much detail for a joke, boet.