Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Awesum

Expert Member
Google home minis from connecteddevices.
Ordered my second today and when I left one in my cart without checking out I got email saying I can now apply 'saveme150' to save another R150. Seems one can blindly apply this code on any new account.

R449 after discount is a bargain for tese amazing speakers

R375 after applying voucher.

enerdude

Expert Member
R375 after applying voucher.

Yeah good deal on takealot because of voucher. Should be R519 - R150 = R369
Connected devices now has R200 off any order by using 'return200'. No stock of the minis though.
Paid R349 on black friday from connected devices

airborne

Executive Member
Yeah good deal on takealot because of voucher. Should be R519 - R150 = R369
Connected devices now has R200 off any order by using 'return200'. No stock of the minis though.
Paid R349 on black friday from connected devices
How are these companies managing to sell these Google Homes so cheap, even at R519 or R599 they have to pay import duties and shipping and still make a profit?

enerdude

Expert Member
How are these companies managing to sell these Google Homes so cheap, even at R519 or R599 they have to pay import duties and shipping and still make a profit?
Think it is about quantities and "connections" overseas. I bought 3 minis from them, 2 had uk plugs and 1 was a us plug.
If you buy big quantities you can get it cheap especially the google mini which is sort of EOL as the google nest replaced it.

Reactions: Yuu

Swa

Honorary Master
If you activate a Rain sim before the end of the month you get 7 days unlimited data. Might be a good time to order those Rain sims just laying in the Takealot basket.

bromster

Expert Member

waylander

Expert Member
anyone using Google Home Minis that know where I can source cheap adaptors (USA to SA); the cost of buying additional power bricks and decent cables justifies just paying a bit for an adapter to use the OEM power cable

enerdude

Expert Member
A few years ago I paid R4k for a top of the range N8. What happened to phone prices?
Well lots of things changed, actually. Biometrics, higher res screens, better cameras etc. Prices drop when technologies are more widely adopted and mass manufacturing kicks in - only to become more expensive in the next iteration when next best technology releases.
Then on top of that there is also inflation...

Swa

Honorary Master
Well lots of things changed, actually. Biometrics, higher res screens, better cameras etc. Prices drop when technologies are more widely adopted and mass manufacturing kicks in - only to become more expensive in the next iteration when next best technology releases.
Then on top of that there is also inflation...
It's not just inflation. I remember when you could buy a car for a tenth the price of a house, now they're the price of a small house. Phones are becoming as expensive as small cars now.