Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Jake45

Expert Member
I bought these bad boys for the Xiaomis (works with my other earbuds too) and I'm pretty happy with the fit
Aliexpress also sells memory foam tips for a lot less than the Comply tips. This seller offers 3 pairs for around $1-20. The reviews seem positive overall. This type of tip is usually replaced once a year or so.
These might be original?

Last edited:

Dylan_G

Expert Member

Dade Murphy

Do they affect the sound quality? I'm also looking at getting similar ones because none of the xiaomi ones fit
I find the sound response better because it fills the ear canal and isolates outside noise better. You might want to consider the Truly Wireless ones though, the others don't really fit in the case without compressing the foam.

Jake45

Expert Member
R799 shipping. :crying:
Some of the normal Aliexpress shipping channels to SA appear to be suspended due to Covid-19 so some suppliers only offer expensive courier options to SA. You must just choose a supplier with cheap SA shipping options. If you do a search for memory foam tips you should find hundreds of products in multiple sizes, colours, shipping options etc.

If you are a first time Aliexpress customer you should be able to get a $2 or $3 off voucher on your first purchase. Last week they gave all their current customers a $3 off $4 voucher as well as a $1 off $1.01 to use on their sale in addition to various other $10 and $15 vouchers for >$100.

Here is another supplier with cheap SA shipping.

Wasp_21

Expert Member
Hello all. Please suggest a good laptop for sub 10k. The cheaper the better, but 10k is my total budget. I need to do some online courses, I'll need to video call, and then watch some movies. I see tons of laptops on evetech, but I haven't got a clue. TIA

squirrel

Expert Member
Hello all. Please suggest a good laptop for sub 10k. The cheaper the better, but 10k is my total budget. I need to do some online courses, I'll need to video call, and then watch some movies. I see tons of laptops on evetech, but I haven't got a clue. TIA
Look on Bidorbuy or carbonite, and get a laptop that's under full warranty. There are some good deals.

Dade Murphy

Some of the normal Aliexpress shipping channels to SA appear to be suspended due to Covid-19 so some suppliers only offer expensive courier options to SA. You must just choose a supplier with cheap SA shipping options. If you do a search for memory foam tips you should find hundreds of products in multiple sizes, colours, shipping options etc.

If you are a first time Aliexpress customer you should be able to get a $2 or $3 off voucher on your first purchase. Last week they gave all their current customers a $3 off $4 voucher as well as a $1 off $1.01 to use on their sale in addition to various other $10 and $15 vouchers for >$100.

Here is another supplier with cheap SA shipping.
Which carriers are safe/reliable to use? And how do I avoid using SAPO? I'm keen to buy this but not sure if I'm willing to wait 40+ days

Last edited:

Jake45

Expert Member
@Dade Murphy: If you want something quickly, I think these tips from Banggood and Gearbest which are shipped via South Africa Direct Mail and Priority Line are sent using Buffalo couriers which usually delivers very quickly. You might be able to get a free discount coupon if this is your first purchase. Just search for earbud memory foam tips in case I have missed any better offers. You need to look for products with a South Africa Direct shipping option.

Just post in this thread if you need any help or advice on the best shipping options etc. There is also a tax free South Africa Direct option in several of the Banggood links which might be more economical but you need to ask one of the experts in the thread below.

Unfortunately you are going to pay a premium for shipping if you want the tips in a hurry due to the current disruptions in the global delivery system.

Kiemo

Guys do you think this is a decent buy

Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB Hard Drive, 5900RPM, 64MB Cache, SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5" Internal

For 400 rand