Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Kiemo

It was used for a server box ...

But it’s very good and good health ... it was a good buy actually I got it today ... it was on OXL

Jake45

Expert Member
If anybody is looking for one or more of the 10000mAh power banks that Gtx Gaming posted earlier, some branches of Pick n Pay Supermarkets received stock this week. I saw them at Pick n Pay On Nicol in Bryanston (Tel: 011-998-3300) as well as at Family Ferndale on Republic (Brightwater Commons/Randburg Waterfront) (Tel: 011-789-9900).

It appears to be a cheap Chinese power bank very similar to some types sold on Aliexpress. The manufacturer claims that the charge of the flat-pack lithium polymer battery should not drop below 70% of the initial capacity after 200 cycles. I haven't had much time to test the actual capacity but it would appear to be around 7000mAh, which is usual for most 10000mAh banks. If the claims of the manufacturer are correct, a single charge cycle should cost around 50c (R99/200) which is very cost effective.

Similar type selling on Aliexpress - see note from manufacturer about real vs claimed capacity.

The power bank has a very simple design and uses four blue LEDs to indicate the remaining charge. It does not unfortunately include a torch. It has both a 1A as well as a 2.1A port like most power banks. The maximum charge current is 2A so one would expect a charge time of around 6 hours taking voltage conversion losses into consideration. The manufacturer claims that the casing is made of flame retardant plastic which would hopefully help if it ever burst into flames!

The power bank weighs 230g which is a lot less than the 18650 battery type which was very common a few years ago. The dimensions are 138x68x16mm which is very small and lightweight for this large capacity. It does not support any quick charging modes or voltages. I will try to post some pictures from my phone just now.

It might be worthwhile to try to call several of the Pick n Pays in the area to make sure that they are available before stopping by. It might be wise to ask the sales person to reserve one for you as most stores only received around 10 units it would appear and they could sell out quickly this weekend.

Some of the Pick n Pay Hypermarkets also have the white (only white!) JBL T450 wired headphones on special for R199. The advert shows 2 for the price of 1 but the Norwood Hypermarket was selling them for R199 each. I bought the last stock that they had last weekend but they may have received more stock this week. The offer appears on page 2 of the brochure. Some PnP Supermarkets such as On Nicol may also have stock.

Last edited:

igeorge

Hello all. Please suggest a good laptop for sub 10k. The cheaper the better, but 10k is my total budget. I need to do some online courses, I'll need to video call, and then watch some movies. I see tons of laptops on evetech, but I haven't got a clue. TIA
Save a pile.of cash and get one of these:
Great little metal body IPS screen 256GB sad etc.
And choose $6 tax free shipping

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
An old man I know, a friend wants a Mac Mini, what do 2-3 year old units typically go for currently?

Thanks.

Kiemo

They actually very healthy so if I’m you guys and you need the space

I bought one yesterday and he have more

FrankyF

Expert Member
Picked up a Xiaomi MiBox S For R1450 at Game Somerset Mall today.

Cheapest I've seen it for recently.

Pho3nix

The Legend
If anybody is looking for one or more of the 10000mAh power banks that Gtx Gaming posted earlier, some branches of Pick n Pay Supermarkets received stock this week. I saw them at Pick n Pay On Nicol in Bryanston (Tel: 011-998-3300) as well as at Family Ferndale on Republic (Brightwater Commons/Randburg Waterfront) (Tel: 011-789-9900).

It appears to be a cheap Chinese power bank very similar to some types sold on Aliexpress. The manufacturer claims that the charge of the flat-pack lithium polymer battery should not drop below 70% of the initial capacity after 200 cycles. I haven't had much time to test the actual capacity but it would appear to be around 7000mAh, which is usual for most 10000mAh banks. If the claims of the manufacturer are correct, a single charge cycle should cost around 50c (R99/200) which is very cost effective.

Similar type selling on Aliexpress - see note from manufacturer about real vs claimed capacity.

The power bank has a very simple design and uses four blue LEDs to indicate the remaining charge. It does not unfortunately include a torch. It has both a 1A as well as a 2.1A port like most power banks. The maximum charge current is 2A so one would expect a charge time of around 6 hours taking voltage conversion losses into consideration. The manufacturer claims that the casing is made of flame retardant plastic which would hopefully help if it ever burst into flames!

The power bank weighs 230g which is a lot less than the 18650 battery type which was very common a few years ago. The dimensions are 138x68x16mm which is very small and lightweight for this large capacity. It does not support any quick charging modes or voltages. I will try to post some pictures from my phone just now.

It might be worthwhile to try to call several of the Pick n Pays in the area to make sure that they are available before stopping by. It might be wise to ask the sales person to reserve one for you as most stores only received around 10 units it would appear and they could sell out quickly this weekend.

Some of the Pick n Pay Hypermarkets also have the white (only white!) JBL T450 wired headphones on special for R199. The advert shows 2 for the price of 1 but the Norwood Hypermarket was selling them for R199 each. I bought the last stock that they had last weekend but they may have received more stock this week. The offer appears on page 2 of the brochure. Some PnP Supermarkets such as On Nicol may also have stock.
Thanks for this. Managed to get a couple. Still need a few more but happy with them and the price

Jake45

Expert Member
Thanks for this. Managed to get a couple. Still need a few more but happy with them and the price
Happy to hear that you managed to find some. I also went back a second time to get a few more after opening one of them and testing it out! I'm hoping that they will last for at least a year of decent use. They appear to be very similar to the FLOVEME ones on Aliexpress - even the model number is similar: P235B vs P230 etc.

I am also hoping to use a few of them to power some cheap USB LED lamps similar to these if we have more loadshedding in the future.