Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WD Blue 500GB 2.5" Sata3 3D NAND SSD
R999
 
Looking for a decent dual band router where the 5ghz band can do more than 1gbps to replace the existing setup.

The Ethernet port on my motherboard broke so I'm using WiFi now. I do gamestream from this pc and 2.4ghz is barely enough.

Also, for some odd reason, Kodi can't access my local share on said pc unless said pc is connected to the internet.... Wtf... It's a local share...

Anyway, any decent router that can fit the requirement? It's an mitx board so I don't have a free PCI slot either for a NIC.
 
Looking for a decent dual band router where the 5ghz band can do more than 1gbps to replace the existing setup.

The Ethernet port on my motherboard broke so I'm using WiFi now. I do gamestream from this pc and 2.4ghz is barely enough.

Also, for some odd reason, Kodi can't access my local share on said pc unless said pc is connected to the internet.... Wtf... It's a local share...

Anyway, any decent router that can fit the requirement? It's an mitx board so I don't have a free PCI slot either for a NIC.
Unifi alien router only 380 dollars has 7gbpa wifi 6 and a display to show fancy stats

But jokes aside go to scoop website check tenda ac router with gigabit think it is R700.
 
Anyone know of good deals on Ink Tank printers currently?

Need to buy more ink for my ancient HP inkjet printer and it's going to cost me R1300 for black and colour so I might as well get a new one. The old cartridges are no longer refillable according to the store that usually refills them.

Came across these but I haven't been following the prices recently to know if it's really a good deal -



Has a 3 year warranty compared to the Canon which only has 1 year.

Doesn't need to be a multi-function but it would be nice.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know of good deals on Ink Tank printers currently?

Need to buy more in for my ancient HP inkjet printer and it's going to cost me R1300 for black and colour so I might as well get a new one.

Came across these but I haven't been following the prices recently to know if it's really a good deal -



Has a 3 year warranty compared to the Canon which only has 1 year.

Doesn't need to be a multi-function but it would be nice.
How much printing do you do? A laser printer that has refillable toner could work out cheaper. Use to have canon which I just refilled the toner.
 
Looking for a decent dual band router where the 5ghz band can do more than 1gbps to replace the existing setup.

The Ethernet port on my motherboard broke so I'm using WiFi now. I do gamestream from this pc and 2.4ghz is barely enough.

Also, for some odd reason, Kodi can't access my local share on said pc unless said pc is connected to the internet.... Wtf... It's a local share...

Anyway, any decent router that can fit the requirement? It's an mitx board so I don't have a free PCI slot either for a NIC.
Can't you just use a USB 3 to Lan adapter?

 
How much printing do you do? A laser printer that has refillable toner could work out cheaper. Use to have canon which I just refilled the toner.

Hmmm I don't print that often, probably average 100 pages a month.

Don't want to go to a printing shop as I prefer the convenience of doing it at home on demand. Will have a look at some laser printers.
 
Can't you just use a USB 3 to Lan adapter?

I bought one. I replaced a usb 2 to Ethernet converter and that was a bit crappy. It's in Strand. Thinking of going through tomorrow but it's a distance ... Wellington -> Bellville -> Strand -> Wellington... FML

I still don't understand the issue with not getting access to my network share from Kodi unless the pc is connected to the internet.
 
I bought one. I replaced a usb 2 to Ethernet converter and that was a bit crappy. It's in Strand. Thinking of going through tomorrow but it's a distance ... Wellington -> Bellville -> Strand -> Wellington... FML

I still don't understand the issue with not getting access to my network share from Kodi unless the pc is connected to the internet.
Did you try plex? Works much better than kodi
 
Anyone know of good deals on Ink Tank printers currently?

Need to buy more ink for my ancient HP inkjet printer and it's going to cost me R1300 for black and colour so I might as well get a new one. The old cartridges are no longer refillable according to the store that usually refills them.

Came across these but I haven't been following the prices recently to know if it's really a good deal -



Has a 3 year warranty compared to the Canon which only has 1 year.

Doesn't need to be a multi-function but it would be nice.
Rather get a wireless one with mobile printing so that you can print form your phone. If you shop around you can get one for close to 2k.

Colors does seem a bit faded on ink tank printers to me but good enough IMO.

Check Epson's website. You should be able to register to extend the warranty to 3 years.
 
Last edited:
Did you try plex? Works much better than kodi
The pc is on the network for a few minutes then it gets kicked off. This was all perfect before the load shedding on Saturday. My pc is connected to a UPS so I could switch it off gracefully. The router is not connected to a UPS. All other devices are somewhat ok on WiFi and the NV Shield is fine on LAN to switch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X