Having problems with Telkom

Andrew_Smith

Hello fellow mybroadbanders,

Lately I am not happy with Telkom's network quality... I mainly play BF4 comp, but I only have like 4 servers to choose from my favourite list, because of high ping. I had this problem a couple of months ago, but fixed it by replacing the router. Now the problem is back again! I am on a 20MB VDSL line and pay R730pm. I don't like paying this amount and not getting what I want. Unfortunately Fibre is not a option, as I been waiting for months for Telkom's rollout in my area. I really want to switch over to Axxess. Good pricing and I can transfer my line to them, which is really a great option for me. I just want feedback on their network quality, because I want a stable, low ping.

Thanks for your time guys.
:)

ODTech

Hello fellow mybroadbanders,

Lately I am not happy with Telkom's network quality... I mainly play BF4 comp, but I only have like 4 servers to choose from my favourite list, because of high ping. I had this problem a couple of months ago, but fixed it by replacing the router. Now the problem is back again! I am on a 20MB VDSL line and pay R730pm. I don't like paying this amount and not getting what I want. Unfortunately Fibre is not a option, as I been waiting for months for Telkom's rollout in my area. I really want to switch over to Axxess. Good pricing and I can transfer my line to them, which is really a great option for me. I just want feedback on their network quality, because I want a stable, low ping.

Thanks for your time guys.
:)
If your issue is the line then transferring it to Axxess won't help as it stays a Telkom line but it is managed by Axxess. The only benefit i can think of is the ability to do a port reset yourself via the Axxess client console. Assuming ofc that they give you that option, Webafrica does at least.

Method

Executive Member
If your issue is the line then transferring it to Axxess won't help as it stays a Telkom line but it is managed by Axxess. The only benefit i can think of is the ability to do a port reset yourself via the Axxess client console. Assuming ofc that they give you that option, Webafrica does at least.
What he said.

If the problem is your line, then moving to any other ISP won't solve it. It's still with Telkom, regardless.

Test it with a small cap account from Axxess/Web Africa/(I was going to say Afrihost, but rather not :p)