High Ping (High Latency In Game)

DMaulidi

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing High Ping when they run a Speed Test or High Latency in games? This past week, even today which is worse than other days my ping has been high making gaming online an inconvenience. I've been forced to restart my router every 12 mins to get a ping of at least 17ms, currently, this is what I'm getting: 1610269042054.png
And I believe my Signal Intensity and Signal Quality should be good:
Signal Intensity: LTE (NA)NR (-76 dBm)
Signal Quality: LTE (NA)NR (7 dB)

I also have my router mounted to a pole pointing in the direction of the tower which is about 600m away from my place. Everything was fine for the past 2 months since I moved to this place but all of a sudden I'm experiencing these issues.

Does anyone know how I can maybe resolve these?

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Movbile is always high-latency for gaming, and Rain is particularly bad.

I had to get a 4Mb Telkom ADSL line for R649 p/m just for gaming, no fiber or good LTE coverage where I live

DMaulidi

Movbile is always high-latency for gaming, and Rain is particularly bad.

I had to get a 4Mb Telkom ADSL line for R649 p/m just for gaming, no fiber or good LTE coverage where I live
Yes, I get that it's high for gaming but it hasn't been an issue since I started using Rain's 5G for the past 8 months. These issues started a week ago. I was averaging 17ms ping before these issues started and all of a sudden I'm getting 78ms+. The latency/ping resets back to 17ms when I restart the router for about 12 mins today. Yesterday, I managed to play the entire day without issues after I restarted it then today it went back up.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Can you drop to 4G? I'm stil getting around 20ms with it, even when speeds are crap gaming is still fine.

DMaulidi

Can you drop to 4G? I'm stil getting around 20ms with it, even when speeds are crap gaming is still fine.
Uhm, how do I do that on the 5G router? I thought they removed the 4G fallback with the recent update they had.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing High Ping when they run a Speed Test or High Latency in games? This past week, even today which is worse than other days my ping has been high making gaming online an inconvenience. I've been forced to restart my router every 12 mins to get a ping of at least 17ms, currently, this is what I'm getting: View attachment 991052
And I believe my Signal Intensity and Signal Quality should be good:
Signal Intensity: LTE (NA)NR (-76 dBm)
Signal Quality: LTE (NA)NR (7 dB)

I also have my router mounted to a pole pointing in the direction of the tower which is about 600m away from my place. Everything was fine for the past 2 months since I moved to this place but all of a sudden I'm experiencing these issues.

Does anyone know how I can maybe resolve these?

Yeah if the local latency is like that then there is something wrong with the tower. Experienced the same with my tower. I'm covered by 3 towers. 1 of the towers gives me 90ms locally even though speeds are good and signal is good. The other 2 has 20ms or lower with similar speeds.

If you do a trace route you will notice that the latency originates from the tower and not further down the network.

DMaulidi

Yeah if the local latency is like that then there is something wrong with the tower. Experienced the same with my tower. I'm covered by 3 towers. 1 of the towers gives me 90ms locally even though speeds are good and signal is good. The other 2 has 20ms or lower with similar speeds.

If you do a trace route you will notice that the latency originates from the tower and not further down the network.
I wish I could switch between towers. The others are about 2km away and with a lot of interferences (buildings and trees).