Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Ok, I'm actually tired of being thrown about, and CV spraying isn't really doing me any good... Although I'm still young (22), I want to set good ground for my self.

CV available on Google Docs, if anyone interested...
Looking for any position in I.T or relevant thereof.

Overview:
Study:
1. Various certs
- A+
- N+
- MCTS 70-680
- ICDL
(gathering dust somewhere, but self-knowledge ever expanding)

2. I.T Dipl (2 years):
- Pragramming (VB.NET / C# / .NET)
- Web dev (PHP, CSS, HTML, JavaScript)
- Info Systems
- System Software (core Windows OS)
- Networking (general, Microsoft slanted)
- Advanced PC Skills (Advanced Microsoft Office)
- Documentation Analysis and Design (SDLC and the like)

Work:
Self experience: I.T environment, graphics design, web design/dev, Internet marketer
Incredible Conn. - IT techy - 6 months - 1 year (part time)
Bethel, S.A - user support / helpdesk - 4 months.

Well rounded I.T guy who can't afford education, looking to kick-start I.T career for the better!

Situated in Midrand currently. Thank for taking the time to read!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
May I advise some spelling and grammar checking, full sentences and less bull**** abbreviations like "certs".

If your CV looks anything like the above example it's no wonder you are struggling.

SeanJ

While I get what you tried to achieve with the post @SaurRoNZA is right. A link to your CV would have been much better. That said, all the best with your job search :)

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Spelling when job searching is a no no. Double check that.

dunkyd

Executive Member
May I advise some spelling and grammar checking, full sentences and less bull**** abbreviations like "certs".

If your CV looks anything like the above example it's no wonder you are struggling.

Plus 1000!!!!!

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
MyBB up to pounce on the spelling band wagon... Beautiful...

Certs = certificates
Dipl = diploma

What else?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
MyBB up to pounce on the spelling band wagon... Beautiful...

Certs = certificates
Dipl = diploma

What else?

The spelling and grammar band wagon is apt for once, since this is important (I'm assuming since you need the money to complete your study). A CV job application is a piece of text selling you to potential employers so you want it to look like you at least care.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
The spelling and grammar band wagon is apt for once, since this is important (I'm assuming since you need the money to complete your study). A CV job application is a piece of text selling you to potential employers so you want it to look like you at least care.

I can PM you a link of my CV, you take a look at it yourself (well written) or write a 3500 word journal if you're that much concerned about my spelling.

But thanks anyways, something to look out for as well...

Oh my God, I ommiteed something crucial in my OP. 2nd year, semester 1 and 2 I did Java :p, just that I'd like to think of myself as a Microsoft fanboy! Visual Studio FTW!

Last edited:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Pragramming?

I haven't programmed that much. Very minor programs and web stuff, nothing to write home about IMO. But believe I can be useful, being a logical thinker, and adapting a real world pragmatic approach to coding.

I'd need do brush ups in the interim though and in my spare time, I'm a bit rusty with the theory... Did Java as well, as stated in #9 EDIT.

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Pragramming?

my self = myself

Unnecessary use of ellipses (good..., interested...)
Unnecessary use of commas
I.T :crying:

Advanced PC Skills (Advanced Microsoft Office) - only put that there if you know how to do VLookups
graphics design = graphic design
Internet marketer = internet marketing
Incredible Conn. = Incredible Connection (it's a name dammit)
dev = developer

:twisted: :p

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I can PM you a link of my CV, you take a look at it yourself (well written) or write a 3500 word journal if you're that much concerned about my spelling.

But thanks anyways, something to look out for as well...

Oh my God, I ommiteed something crucial in my OP. 2nd year, semester 1 and 2 I did Java :p, just that I'd like to think of myself as a Microsoft fanboy! Visual Studio FTW!

omitted :(

If you are interested in either a Java intern position (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/content/1/bidorbuy_internship_programme.html) or a Linux internship position in Bryanston, drop me an email with your CV to cto@bidorbuy.co.za ;-)

Jump on this and forget about your spelling problems

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
my self = myself

Advanced PC Skills (Advanced Microsoft Office) - only put that there if you know how to do VLookups
dev = developer

Thank you for the constructive criticism and the 'flak'. I will improve Hamster!

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
my self = myself

dev = developer

Incredible Connection = A con :D. Since this is an "IT" forum, I though the lingo would be tolerated, my bad. Let's do this, take my CV and criticise that :p, would be much helpful.

eg2505

Honorary Master
please PM me where your CV is at, I might have something I can get you, no promises though.......

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Incredible Connection = A con :D. Since this is an "IT" forum, I though the lingo would be tolerated, my bad. Let's do this, take my CV and criticise that :p, would be much helpful.

It's a brand name that you abbreviated.

As an employer it's about more than simply IT skills.

The skills get you the interview, the rest of the package is what measures you against the rest.

If I have two similar candidates but one wrote the above posts and another kept it strictly professional...guess which one is most appealing.

Don't think of yourself in a day to day setting regardless of how awesome you think you might be, because they can't see that in a basic interview...and especially not before it which is where this stuff matters.

Address your target like a professional sales pitch. Don't tone down that professionalism because "this is an IT forum".

Status
Not open for further replies.