Home Automation - Smartkit

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
And reasonably weatherproof for outdoor use.

Also have a look at the (not battery though) Ezviz Husky Air/Ezguard - some great features for outdoor use i.e. siren and strobe on motion detection. The app is pretty good and you get Ezviz Studio for PC:

And reasonably weatherproof for outdoor use.

Also have a look at the (not battery though) Ezviz Husky Air/Ezguard - some great features for outdoor use i.e. siren and strobe on motion detection. The app is pretty good and you get Ezviz Studio for PC:

Yeah we already sell the Air Husky. Adding the C3A at the moment.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Quick Q: In the Tasmota firmware for the Sonoff wifi switches with power monitoring, is there a console command to display current power, voltage, Hz? I've scanned through the wiki but can't find it.

abudabi

Expert Member
For when the interwebs go down. Taking control back to your local network, independent of the internet and China cloud servers........and yes, when you start using multiple platforms.
Already has Lan control as is. Multiple platform point accepted though. :thumbsup:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Quick Q: In the Tasmota firmware for the Sonoff wifi switches with power monitoring, is there a console command to display current power, voltage, Hz? I've scanned through the wiki but can't find it.
Should be in the Stat update every 300ms by default as I recall.

Not Hz though.

Actually I guess this would only be with MQTT enabled. You’ll see it in in the GUI otherwise.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Should be in the Stat update every 300ms by default as I recall.

Not Hz though.

Actually I guess this would only be with MQTT enabled. You’ll see it in in the GUI otherwise.
I'd like to see it in the GUI in a browser. So far I haven't found a way to display anything other than friendly name, wifi info, IP, etc.

Would be great to see the load.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'd like to see it in the GUI in a browse. So far I haven't found a way to display anything other than friendly name, wifi info, IP, etc.

Would be great to see the load.
Have you set the type of Sonoff? Then it shows right there on the front page of Tasmota.

You could also use Tasmoadmin to pull it into a separate interface.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Have you set the type of Sonoff? Then it shows right there on the front page of Tasmota.

You could also use Tasmoadmin to pull it into a separate interface.
Thank-you, sire. You are a scholar and a gentleman. My n00b index has just dropped from 99 to 95. It works exactly as you say.

skefda

Anyone had any joy in hooking up a SonoffSV to a traditional home alarm system? I want to be able to arm/disarm and also get feedback on the armed status via the GPIO pins? Have two of these running my driveway gate and garage door and works like a charm. Being able to control the alarm system also will be great.

I know the 4ch PRO can be hooked up to a paired remote but not ideal.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Anyone had any joy in hooking up a SonoffSV to a traditional home alarm system? I want to be able to arm/disarm and also get feedback on the armed status via the GPIO pins? Have two of these running my driveway gate and garage door and works like a charm. Being able to control the alarm system also will be great.

Yes.

To a very old Spectra board that allows for a push button/key switch arm (which is how the remote works) alongside programming the PGM Relay.

Without the PGM relay not sure you’ll be able to get the status out.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep

Should be able to do (via the key and the siren), I was about to attempt the same with an RE5V1C.

ipodmusicman

Hey home automation nerds.

Today is the day for the Home Assistant “State of the union” address hosted by Paulus Shoutsen the founder of Home Assistant. Looking forward to hearing what is being planned for the coming year.

Live stream starting at 19:30 SA time!

spiff

Executive Member
Has anyone got something to control garage / gate motors?
My old Centurion GSM module was/is really kak. Works then doesn't work

Looked at the new Centurion GSM app - a bit pricey.