Home Connecta Flexi

boom

Hi, has anyone gotten the Home Connecta APN unrestricted from CellC? I have emailed the docs they need for it but it seems like a bottomless pit after I hit the send button.

I basically want to get to my systems that are out in the wild remotely but with the restricted APN it is not possible unless someone knows another way?

PS just as a side note I am happy "mostly" with the package. 1 TB is more than enough for my use case currently. I have a Mikrotik LGH pointing to the tower. Down and up is just OK for now. Still have to move it back to the roof. Telkom and MTN have superior speeds but no 1TB packages that work here or that are affordable.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi, has anyone gotten the Home Connecta APN unrestricted from CellC? I have emailed the docs they need for it but it seems like a bottomless pit after I hit the send button.

I basically want to get to my systems that are out in the wild remotely but with the restricted APN it is not possible unless someone knows another way?

PS just as a side note I am happy "mostly" with the package. 1 TB is more than enough for my use case currently. I have a Mikrotik LGH pointing to the tower. Down and up is just OK for now. Still have to move it back to the roof. Telkom and MTN have superior speeds but no 1TB packages that work here or that are affordable.
Hi there,

Please forward us the form to sm@cellc.co.za and we will assist you.

Once you have sent it, please confirm your email address via PM.

^NZ

boom

Hi there,

Please forward us the form to sm@cellc.co.za and we will assist you.

Once you have sent it, please confirm your email address via PM.

^NZ
I have forwarded the form 3 times :)

1. I am told the APN is unrestricted... Problem is that means nothing if I still have a private 10.* range IP. The entire idea behind getting it unrestricted is to access the systems behind it via the internet.
2. Maybe I am missing something small... Like using another APN name?

I am sure if you can get this process smoothed out many many people will flock to use it. The Home Connecta makes perfect sense financially if you have many sites like I do and you are on a budget.

Just need to get it working. The moment Telkom or MTN(Afrihost) has a 1TB LTE package thats in the same price range the SIM will be replaced purely because of this issue.

Muhammad.R1

Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can do a data roll over after the 60 days is up and if so, how much do you pay? I read that Cell c charges a nominal fee for amount over 500mb so I wanted to know if anyone had experience!

Thanks

Swa

Honorary Master
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can do a data roll over after the 60 days is up and if so, how much do you pay? I read that Cell c charges a nominal fee for amount over 500mb so I wanted to know if anyone had experience!

Thanks
Yes but it costs more than the bundles themselves.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
CellC very bad lately in Midrand Commercia area. :-(
11886991187.png

boom

It is just as bad in St Helena.

60 ping, 99 Jitter

8 down max 2 up if I get lucky

SlowInternet

Executive Member
The tower I'm connecting to must have heavy congestion or throttling. What makes me feel bad is that I convinced other people as well to use CellC and they are also struggling.
Screenshot_20210816_152255.jpg Screenshot_20210816_152227.jpg

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi there

Please DM us the number in question and your residential address.

^MP

Swa

Honorary Master
I transferred 1GB to my other sim but it seems you can't use these bundles like that and only with another Home Connecta sim.

username and 23 others

Good and evil gods in the heavens and hell and sheol and the cavernous pits of gehinnom. This fokken company just does not care. I'm getting Rain level of speeds. Buggerit.

I see they are laying fibre cables in my area. I need that fibre as I have been suffering from network constipation for years. The next couple of months I will be anxiously awaiting to be connected... ATM I think anything will be better than this wreck of disaster that I'm on.

Fokkit, man.