Home Connecta Flexi

Jake45

Expert Member
What happened to prepaid Home Connecta Flexi 100GB for R199?
I joined Cell C because of it and have been using it for quite a few months now. This was such a good deal with 50GB+50GB at a reasonable price, but it appears to only be available on contract now. Oh well back to Telkom I go.
I see they just quietly discontinued the 50+50GB bundle for R199. Hopefully customers start to leave in droves as they keep making changes to the packages which just annoy the users like the bundle rollover nonsense. I am also looking around for a different provider as it seems that they will be charging us soon for bundle rollover.

Jake45

Expert Member
Can the 1TB bundle be extended & how long can it be extended for?
Without confirmation from Cell C regarding their future roll over plans I think you may end up losing quite a bit of data if you are planning to use the data over several months. When you roll over data that is close to expiring at the moment you see a R0.00 charge which would suggest that there are plans to charge for this in the future.

From my experience the download speeds on Cell C are far lower than on Afrihost/MTN so I don't think that the latest bundle "adjustments" are reasonable.

marvelguy

Without confirmation from Cell C regarding their future roll over plans I think you may end up losing quite a bit of data if you are planning to use the data over several months. When you roll over data that is close to expiring at the moment you see a R0.00 charge which would suggest that there are plans to charge for this in the future.

From my experience the download speeds on Cell C are far lower than on Afrihost/MTN so I don't think that the latest bundle "adjustments" are reasonable.
Damn.. It's cool. I'm moving over to Telkom

Jake45

Expert Member
@marvelguy: These are the latest HCF Terms and Conditions. Paragraphs 19 and 20 deal with the roll over conditions.

I have been able to keep rolling over my current night data for several months but I am not sure whether this is because I have been regularly purchasing the 100GB bundle every 45+ days or whether this would also be possible with the larger bundles without making any new bundle purchases.

Hopefully @Cell_C will be able to enlighten us further.

Which Telkom package are you planning to purchase?

Pablo37

The promotion has been adjusted sadly.

Edit: They've got the 40/40 for R189, not too bad. And I'll admit that it's still pretty hard to find matching value elsewhere.
50+50GB meets my usage needs. I feel manipulated, but with the loss of the R199 50/50GB you can still get similar if you are willing to prepay R389 for 100/100GB. This of course relies on the continued ability to rollover 50/50GB on the 29th day, and for no extra cost.

Jake45

Expert Member
50+50GB meets my usage needs. I feel manipulated, but with the loss of the R199 50/50GB you can still get similar if you are willing to prepay R389 for 100/100GB. This of course relies on the continued ability to rollover 50/50GB on the 29th day, and for no extra cost.
I would also be prepared to purchase the larger bundle for R389 but I would want to roll it over 2 or 3 times. I don't know if this is going to be possible though. Let us know if you do purchase the larger bundle and whether they allow you to roll it over more than once.

It seems to me that they are going to start charging to roll over the data and I think this change may be coming soon. Hopefully @Cell_C will be able to provide more information.

Nineteeneightysix

I would also be prepared to purchase the larger bundle for R389 but I would want to roll it over 2 or 3 times. I don't know if this is going to be possible though. Let us know if you do purchase the larger bundle and whether they allow you to roll it over more than once.

It seems to me that they are going to start charging to roll over the data and I think this change may be coming soon. Hopefully @Cell_C will be able to provide more information.
Bought a bundle in December. Used rollover in January, February and March. Now it expires in April (I used up the anytime data a long time ago). IMG_20220313_085116.jpg

Jake45

Expert Member
Bought a bundle in December. Used rollover in January, February and March. Now it expires in April (I used up the anytime data a long time ago).
Which bundle did you purchase? Did you purchase any other bundles or products from Cell C after December?

I currently have three nighttime bundles (the oldest is from September 2021 I think) which I keep renewing but my guess is that the repeated rollover will also be terminated quite soon. Unless Cell C explains the roll over process in detail I think you could end up losing a lot of data if you try to spread the use of a large bundle over several months as they will probably just begin charging for rollover without any warning.

According to Paragraphs 19 and 20 of the TnC it seems that the plan is to allow one free rollover before charging additional fees but I am not sure.

Last edited:

marvelguy

That 1Tb bundle should be valid for 6months.

Especially because Telkom now has a prepaid uncapped product for R229

Jake45

Expert Member
That 1Tb bundle should be valid for 6months.

Especially because Telkom now has a prepaid uncapped product for R229
I wonder if anybody is going to be brave enough to test that out! :)

Paragraph 34 in the TnC really makes me hesitant to purchase any of the bigger packages. I really want to buy the 200GB bundle in the next few days but will be upset if they implement all of these changes after I have already purchased it. Really hoping that @Cell_C or somebody else can offer some clarification.

This Telkom March Big Deal is also starting to look more interesting ...

Here are more details about the Telkom R229 uncapped offer that @marvelguy mentioned above if anybody else is looking around.

This is the latest 140GB MTN Home WiFi package.

Found this on Cell C's Facebook page where other customers are complaining about the discontinuation of the HCF 100GB bundle. I'm not sure whether the free rollover will only be for 30 days now? Maybe opt-in requires additional payment?
275791403_10159999937107265_5615741208251991569_n.png

Last edited:

Nineteeneightysix

Which bundle did you purchase? Did you purchase any other bundles or products from Cell C after December?

I currently have three nighttime bundles (the oldest is from September 2021 I think) which I keep renewing but my guess is that the repeated rollover will also be terminated quite soon. Unless Cell C explains the roll over process in detail I think you could end up losing a lot of data if you try to spread the use of a large bundle over several months as they will probably just begin charging for rollover without any warning.

According to Paragraphs 19 and 20 of the TnC it seems that the plan is to allow one free rollover before charging additional fees but I am not sure.
5+5 for R59. That's the last time i purchased anything on that sim

Swa

Honorary Master

I also bought in Dec and have just kept extending it but not sure if it's the system being unable to recognise the purchase date.

Jake45

Expert Member
Good to hear that Cell C are constantly listening and responding to their customers' needs and that these changes to the stable are reflective of how your customers use and enjoy this product. Even better to hear that you now believe that HCF is a fine-tuned, fit-for-purpose bundle range that is uniquely suited to bridging the digital divide. :unsure:

I have clearly been misled all this time thinking that cheaper data that did not expire would help to bridge the digital divide instead of smaller, more expensive data allocations that expire after 30 days and will presumably require additional payment to be extended. Cell C obviously believes that the public are happy with the latest changes!

Seems to me that Cell C just decided to discontinue their most popular products to try to force their customers to either spend more money or get less data for the same money. In the current environment I won't be surprised if their customers just choose to spend less or drop them completely.

2022_03_15_03.58.59.jpg

Last edited:

Christo4

They like the "digital divide" to such an extent that they have also removed the 1 TB and anything bigger than 80 GB on my app. Will try on PC later.

Pablo37

50+50GB meets my usage needs. I feel manipulated, but with the loss of the R199 50/50GB you can still get similar if you are willing to prepay R389 for 100/100GB.

URGH! Spoke too soon! The prepaid HCF 200GB has also now been discontinued! This was going to be my goto as an alternative to the HCF 100GB. I will never sign a contract and won't buy a smaller bundle, so it's goodbye Cell C.

Jake45

Expert Member
I only had 100MB of my 100GB bundle left so just bought the 80GB in desperation in case they remove that also. Really not happy though. :(

Cell C posted that table which includes the larger bundles on Sunday! I did not see any bundles larger than 80GB when I bought using the USSD menu. I wonder if they are having financial troubles as they appear to have completely destroyed their data business with the latest changes.