Verymomo

So I ordered a phone cover and some keychains off a website and used paypal to pay for it, i was skeptical of even using our post office because the package doesn't have tracking...10-14 days (UK royal Mail service)
In my new found trust I went on eBay and bought a sticker (Don't judge) which was apparently being shipped using USPS from Hong Kong in 5-7 days with tracking(it's been in transmit since the 29th) :eek: now to add on to the worst part I Don't have a Post box... and when I asked the Norwood post office today if they had any packages, they asked for a tracking number, which I don't have(what do i need to give them?) Help please?
*I WILL ADD TRACKING NEXT TIME. IF THERE IS A NEXT TIME...*

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
1.) Not really sure what the relevance of the Royal Mail part is. Are you also awaiting that package?
2.) Not sure why it's bad that you don't have a Post Box - you surely gave a physical address when placing the order?
3.) Contact the HK seller and ask for the USPS tracking number. SA post office will then be able to give you a local tracking number.

mister

Executive Member
So I ordered a phone cover and some keychains off a website and used paypal to pay for it, i was skeptical of even using our post office because the package doesn't have tracking...10-14 days (UK royal Mail service)
In my new found trust I went on eBay and bought a sticker (Don't judge) which was apparently being shipped using USPS from Hong Kong in 5-7 days with tracking :eek: now to add on to the worst part I Don't have a Post box... and when I asked the Norwood post office today if they had any packages, they asked for a tracking number, which I don't have(what do i need to give them?) Help please?

You don't need a postbox. You will get a tracking slip delivered with your normal mail sometime between 30 and 180 days from now. When/If it arrives you take the slip to your post office who will give you your parcel after you pay for clearance, duties, and vat.

Verymomo

1.Still Awaiting both (Ordered on the 20th for the keychains+phone cover and 27th for the sticker)
2.I Gave my house address, which is apparently useless...
3.Will do that

Verymomo

I Don't have any post at all, but i understand what you're getting at but do i really have to wait up to 180 days? Can I not just go ans ask if they have it?

Last edited:

thehuman

Expert Member
I Don't have any post at all, but i understand what you're getting at but do i really have to wait up to 180 days? Can I not just go ans ask if they have it?
ask your nearest postoffice if they do postal deliveries in your neighbourhood
and if not what happens to mail for your address

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Check your expectation.

If you weren't using a proper door to door courier you are looking at 30-45 days MINIMUM.

And you really should have tracking numbers. Even letters have them these days when going international.

SoloMid

I always pay the extra 2 dollars for tracking. Sometimes parcels get stuck in customs and they never let you know. Always easoer to rush the entire process if you have a tracking number to follow up on.

I know this doesnt help your situation but maybe a chocolate and some kind words to a lady working at your post office will

Verymomo

I have one tracking number for the sticker the phone cover +keychain didn't have tracking and there was no option

flippakitten

Expert Member
Lol, I am still waiting for a parcel from the UK, with a tracking number since 2008... Good luck

20th and 27th of what? June? If so you're bonkers thinking it's arrived already.

Let these packages go out of your mind, there's a 50% chance they'll never arrive... If you do happen to get a slip through your letter-box then treat it as an early x-mas present.

mister

Executive Member
My last orders from china and belarus both took three weeks. The longest delay was at Durmail.....

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Today I received a parcel that was send from Switzerland 2 months ago. Still waiting for one that was send from Germany 1 month ago. Our postal service is completely useless.