wizzard2

Question: How do I setup my PC to automatically download my tv shows for me and then alert my media centre that their is a new episode?

Answer:
To answer this I have created a Step By Step Video Guide to take you through the steps of setting up Sickbeard with SABnzbd and then top it off by showing you how it all comes together with Plex. This video is all you need to have it setup from scratch.

If you found this video helpful , or not your feedback is always welcome.

Enjoy :D

[video=youtube_share;HJbjTxbspqs]http://youtu.be/HJbjTxbspqs[/video]

Hectic

Executive Member
I might try this in the near future. Currently I'm using the Alfa PirateBay version and it pulls torrents as well. Unfortunately the fork is not supported anymore and I'm having some issues on my pc that might warrant a format and reinstall.

Freakboy

Expert Member
Use Sonarr, much better than Sickbeard.
I used Sickbeard for years but Sonnar (previously NZBDrone) is just so much better.
I pulls from torrent and nzb, and auto retries if download fails or better quality comes out.

Hectic

Executive Member
I used Sickbeard for years but Sonnar (previously NZBDrone) is just so much better.
I pulls from torrent and nzb, and auto retries if download fails or better quality comes out.
Thx will give it a go!

Hectic

Executive Member
Can you provide a link for setup?
I tried a setup guide from cuttingthecord or something like that, but could get the renaming or moving part right, using Sonarr.

Can Sonarr actually move downloaded files?

Freakboy

Expert Member
Can you provide a link for setup?
I tried a setup guide from cuttingthecord or something like that, but could get the renaming or moving part right, using Sonarr.

Can Sonarr actually move downloaded files?

Tbh, I have mine setup and working since it was called NZBDrone a long time ago so can't remember all the settings.
Mine renames and moves regardless if I use Deluge or SABnzbd. Gets the metadata and renames the files also, fully automated.

Try this or this.
If you still can't get it right PM some pics of your setup and I'll compare it to mine. We can then try to figure out why it's not working for you.

Hectic

Executive Member
Thank you. Will give it a go again over the weekend.