Huawei Mate 20

marioat1

Expert Member
Which network? Nothing on mine yet.
Telkom, got the 278 update yesterday afternoon. This morning HiCare showed an update permission request.
Others in UAE found it in settings when they woke up, but it didn't allow them to install till they'd opened HiCare.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Telkom, got the 278 update yesterday afternoon. This morning HiCare showed an update permission request.
Others in UAE found it in settings when they woke up, but it didn't allow them to install till they'd opened HiCare.
Nothing in Hicare as yet either.
I'm on Vodacom.

rubber_otter

Expert Member

Thanks, worked for me on Telkom

Athanc

I just applied via HiCare and it came through try it again. I am with Telkom and Vodacom

Chingha

Expert Member
That is just mean, not going to be back on WiFi for another week and I'm not using 4GB of mobile data for this

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Vodacom are always slow with these updates - probably get mine in a month.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Is moon mode now available on the camera after the update?

I *think* it's a AI scene, so you can't select anything - it just detects it and does what it needs to. Though, I haven't tried it myself , there is definitely no setting

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Is moon mode now available on the camera after the update?

Yes...
To use the Moon Mode it is necessary to frame the Moon with the camera and activate the AI mode. Once done, just increase the zoom level to at least 4x and artificial intelligence will automatically recognize the Moon, so as to best set the various ISO indicators, exposure, focus and so on and so forth, for guarantee an excellent shot.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Oh no.

Generic.

You think the FW can make the difference, as well as the network? I always thought it was the actual network

Vodacom has the custom firmware on their contract phones, so always takes ages for them to release any update. My vodacom branded M20P received 3 security updates, and that's it, now 3 months behind already. Sucks having the custom firmware on, updates always a few months behind

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Oh no.

Generic.

You think the FW can make the difference, as well as the network? I always thought it was the actual network
Yes. Each network reviews/customises updates for their devices.

Dolby

Honorary Master
True actually.

I recall being the last globally to receive the original GPU update on my M10P