Huawei Mate 20

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Finally came through last night.
Yours a Vodacom contract phone with the Vodacom crapware firmware on it?
Still no updates for my mate 20 Pro and another guy here in the office, both on vodacom with vodacom firmware phones.

Neural

I have just noticed an interesting thing. Trying to update with HiCare on the phone does nothing. Trying to update via Settings | Software update does nothing. I have just connected to HiSuite on my laptop to backup my phone and I have noticed there is an update of HiSuite to Ver 9.1.0.300_OVE. Will finish my backup and then try and update my phone to this version.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I have just noticed an interesting thing. Trying to update with HiCare on the phone does nothing. Trying to update via Settings | Software update does nothing. I have just connected to HiSuite on my laptop to backup my phone and I have noticed there is an update of HiSuite to Ver 9.1.0.300_OVE. Will finish my backup and then try and update my phone to this version.
Yeah that's just the App on your pc, nothing to do with the EMUI update.

Fleming

Yours a Vodacom contract phone with the Vodacom crapware firmware on it?
Still no updates for my mate 20 Pro and another guy here in the office, both on vodacom with vodacom firmware phones.
Yup, Vodacom contract and phone I received from Vodacom. I assume the firmware is theirs. If I try change the wallpaper the first few options are all Vodacom branded ones however there is no Vodcom branding shown during startup.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Yup, Vodacom contract and phone I received from Vodacom. I assume the firmware is theirs. If I try change the wallpaper the first few options are all Vodacom branded ones however there is no Vodcom branding shown during startup.
Yeah there is no Vodacom startup splash screen on them, so hopefully we will also get it soon

Neural

Had a notification this morning in HiCare to say it is available but nah, it isn't

Sinbad

Honorary Master
That notification even went to my old p10 lite, as well as my p30 pro which is already on 9.1