Huawei Mate 20

PDF_27

Does the Mate 20 Pro come with a free screen replacement in the first year like my P20 Pro did on contract through Telkom? My P20 Pro has a 2 year warranty and 1 year screen repair, and I want to get the Mate 20 Pro but the screen replacement is a vital deal breaker for me

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Does the Mate 20 Pro come with a free screen replacement in the first year like my P20 Pro did on contract through Telkom? My P20 Pro has a 2 year warranty and 1 year screen repair, and I want to get the Mate 20 Pro but the screen replacement is a vital deal breaker for me

Don't think so but maybe someone else can confirm @Tsepz_011 Do you perhaps know?

Park@82

Honorary Master
It does not. https://consumer.huawei.com/za/support/vipservice/

Last I heard was that the screens were in short supply because of the green screen issue. Maybe that is why it was never offered on the Mate 20 Pro.

PDF_27

also, if the phone develops the bleeding issue after 7 days from purchase, are we still able to have it replaced under the warranty? Anyone have this happen to them? Last thing i would want is having them tell me i need to pay for a new screen when the issue is in fact due to manufacturing fault.

PDF_27

So I was fortunate to see that the Mate 20 Pro I got from telkom has the BOE screen... *sigh of relief*

Overall, great phone. Disappointed with the sound quality and volume as opposed to my P20 pro. I expected it was not as loud as the P20 Pro due to the speaker being in the USB charging port, but even the top speaker is softer in volume than that of the P20 Pro. Night and Day difference when played simultaneously next to each other.

Leisure Larry

So I was fortunate to see that the Mate 20 Pro I got from telkom has the BOE screen... *sigh of relief*

Overall, great phone. Disappointed with the sound quality and volume as opposed to my P20 pro. I expected it was not as loud as the P20 Pro due to the speaker being in the USB charging port, but even the top speaker is softer in volume than that of the P20 Pro. Night and Day difference when played simultaneously next to each other.
How's that in display fingerprint sensor treating you?
It's the only thing keeping me away from the current high end phones.
I found it terrible on the Mi 9.

PDF_27

How's that in display fingerprint sensor treating you?
It's the only thing keeping me away from the current high end phones.
I found it terrible on the Mi 9.
It does whats intended, however, its a fraction slower than the P20 Pro finger print reader. So if comparing, the traditional off-screen fingerprint readers are quicker. I activated the 3D facial recognition unlock, and its extremely fast. I don't even bother with the finger print reader anymore. The moment i pick up my phone, it unlocks instantaneously... its really impressive. The best face reader I've come across.

PDF_27

How did you check this? I would like to check what mine is.
Download "Device Info HW" from the playstore. The app will display the screen you have. I noticed now after the 9.1 EMUI update, it no longer shows the same info as it did before the update, which showed LG or BOE...

Fleming

Download "Device Info HW" from the playstore. The app will display the screen you have. I noticed now after the 9.1 EMUI update, it no longer shows the same info as it did before the update, which showed LG or BOE...

Great thanks, checked last night and mine says BOE under the touchscreen heading.