Huawei Mate 20

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Absolute beauty of a device, curved on both the front and the back so it feels very elegant in hand. Still busy setting up and and getting to grips with EMUI9 and Android 9 Pie :D

Dave

Honorary Master
Things I'm excited about:
In screen fingerprint sensor - apparently as good/quick as a normal fingerprint reader.
It’ll have to be a huge improvement over the one Huawei put into the Honor 10 as that was the one of the disappointments on that phone, it was slower and more inaccurate when compared to a normal reader.

jman

Expert Member
It’ll have to be a huge improvement over the one Huawei put into the Honor 10 as that was the one of the disappointments on that phone, it was slower and more inaccurate when compared to a normal reader.
Yeah and the one from the Mate RS - apparently that wasn't great either, which is why they had a normal fingerprint sensor on the back too.

I have high hopes. Since they've gone and removed the fingerprint sensor from the back, they must be confident that it works well. Though they did tout the new 3D facial recognition

Tcyte

Absolute beauty of a device, curved on both the front and the back so it feels very elegant in hand. Still busy setting up and and getting to grips with EMUI9 and Android 9 Pie :D
Wow lucky you... Is it in SA already?

poffle

Executive Member
It does look great, some awesome extra little features, EMUI 9 shaping up to be good. I think Huawei have a winner. 10 days before it launches, will go check it out and see. Im surprised they could keep it light, its not super light but at 189g, thats okayish compared to xs Max of 208g, its like a brick

Only thing with the conference was the presenter, obviously English is not his first language and he really struggles so it is super difficult for him to actually explain the phone in a proper manner to get people excited. I don't understand why they couldn't find a dude who can speak English to deliver a powerful presentation.

Sumen

Expert Member
That's Beautiful - the notch size is quite thin so it not an eyesore.