Huawei Mate 20

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Just discovered something cool. If the P20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro have this PLEASE correct me
With the Mate 20 Pro keeping the IR Blaster feature I am able to setup our lounges electronics to be controlled by it. BUT the cool part is when the phone Remote Control does not have the correct control built in to it.

The Mate 20 Pro will in this case will ask you to take the Remote of that electronic e.g. TV, Home Theater etc.. Point it to the Mate's IR Blaster the IR Blaster than receives the Signal and you can save that Signal and BOOM it supports your TV, Home Theater system etc...

jman

Expert Member
Just discovered something cool. If the P20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro have this PLEASE correct me
With the Mate 20 Pro keeping the IR Blaster feature I am able to setup our lounges electronics to be controlled by it. BUT the cool part is when the phone Remote Control does not have the correct control built in to it.

The Mate 20 Pro will in this case will ask you to take the Remote of that electronic e.g. TV, Home Theater etc.. Point it to the Mate's IR Blaster the IR Blaster than receives the Signal and you can save that Signal and BOOM it supports your TV, Home Theater system etc...
Yeah this is possible on the mate 10 pro too

Park@82

Honorary Master

IIRC this was possible on the LG G4 as well.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Yeah this is possible on the mate 10 pro too
Makes sense, I never had to do this with the TV we had when I had the Mate 10 Pro,so good to see that it is there.
IIRC this was possible on the LG G4 as well.
This very interesting, it was probably also in the Note 4 then to, pity those OEMs don't do this great feature anymore, really nice to have it back.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
So I have run the device through its paces today and it's done great for its first full charge, having used it all day for Music, Waze, showing colleagues it's camera AI features, and also browsing and being active on social media (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram etc..) and doing quite a bit of YouTube in the evening. I was also giving Always On Display a go throughout today.

Initial battery performance after 14hoours off charge its hit over 6hours Screen On Time. I will give an update in a week once the device is settled.

Last edited:

poffle

Executive Member
Nice pretty much what i would expect, and im sure it'll get better after a week. I love batteries that are so hard to kill :D Wife has made up her mind, getting it no matter what, cant wait to play with it!

lissi88

Amazing phone, Huawei has really leveled their game up with the market leaders. My sister is using the Huawei P20 Pro with its functions and quality product it is I can rightly expect something way above in Mate 20.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Nice pretty much what i would expect, and im sure it'll get better after a week. I love batteries that are so hard to kill :D Wife has made up her mind, getting it no matter what, cant wait to play with it!
Indeed. It makes life so much easier when you don't have to worry about a battery. This thing just keeps going on.

Your wife will love it!

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
BTW, my usage of the Mate 20 Pro is done at the full WQHD+ 3120x1440 resolution. First thing I did was to set it to this resolution to fully experience this display, and so far I have been very impressed

Tcyte

BTW, my usage of the Mate 20 Pro is done at the full WQHD+ 3120x1440 resolution. First thing I did was to set it to this resolution to fully experience this display, and so far I have been very impressed
you are having a time of your life

Dave

Honorary Master
Huawei Mate 20 RS 512GB model is US$2500?

They are flocking mad...

Fox1

Expert Member
People hate on custom interfaces on Android but EMUI8 has some brilliant power saving features that I've not seen on my Xiaomi or Sony Xperia.

Last edited:

sajunky

Honorary Master
They do what market allows for. I don't care as long I can buy entry level phone for R999 like Huawei Y3 2018.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
So how does one become a reviewer for these (or other) new phones?

Are the Telkom contracts for this phone out yet?

Sumen

Expert Member
Cellucity says it will Go on Sale 1 November but they only mentioned the Pro version.