Huawei P30 Lite

Currantly

Does the P30 Lite from Telkom Mobile come with a screen protector and clear plastic cover?
There is a pre-applied screen protector & a clear shell back cover included.

IN THE BOX

1) Handset x 1
2) Built-in battery x 1
3) Charger x 1
4) USB Cable x 1
5) TPU Protective case x 1
6) Quick Start Guide x 1
7) Eject Tool x 1
10) Headset x 1

Mgaa

Nope, no dark interface on the lite models, unfortunately. You'll need to use a third party theme to get the darkened interface. This is one thing that I can't understand about Huawei. They remove simple software features from the Lite versions that are completely unnecessary, and wouldn't affect device performance.

G-Pix theme is not too bad, but it obviously won't be perfect. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=emui.en.com.gpix2dark
Anyone know if the P30 lite has a dark mode for the interface? I saw how to active it in a P30 tips video, but my lite doesn't appear to have the option?

According to Huawei:

Might it have something to do with the theme I'm using?
Iv finally found the dark mode its not under battery like in P30 and Pro but it's under smart assistant, accessibility setting go to color inversion

Currantly

Iv finally found the dark mode its not under battery like in P30 and Pro but it's under smart assistant, accessibility setting go to color inversion
Just tried it. It inverts everything. So it's not really a 'dark mode'. Notch is unhidden for one thing. Thanks anyway.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
I noticed that the European p30 lite has a 48mp camera vs a 24MP for south africa... Anyone here have the other model? Or know how to get it?

miz_pimp

I noticed that the European p30 lite has a 48mp camera vs a 24MP for south africa... Anyone here have the other model? Or know how to get it?
I didn't even realise it was the 24MP camera, but I think that is what you get with the 4gb ram version, which is the only version you'll find in the Middle East/Africa. I think the only way to get the other variant would be to import it.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
sneaky huawei... giving us the lower end model.

But its probably how they attempt to make it affordable in our region?

miz_pimp

That's very likely. Most of the time, we get the lower specced device in Africa.
Honestly though, I still really love this device!

powermzii

Expert Member
Is there a quick way to toggle between active Sim card for data?

I know the phone has dual active data but it always has a default sim for data. So if i want to change the active data sim from Sim 1 to Sim 2 currently i have to go into the settings and select a new active one? My old 1+ had a quick toggle in the notification shade to switch

cavedog

Honorary Master
So the Vodacom P30 Lite for R5499 comes with VoWifi out of the box. It works on Vodacom and on Cellc no configuration needed. It is enabled by default but can be switched off if you want. Very nice that it works with all the networks unlike Samsung that wants the carriers firmware installed to work.

Screenshot_20190512_130901_com.android.contacts.jpg Screenshot_20190512_130916_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
So the Vodacom P30 Lite for R5499 comes with VoWifi out of the box. It works on Vodacom and on Cellc no configuration needed. It is enabled by default but can be switched off if you want. Very nice that it works with all the networks unlike Samsung that wants the carriers firmware installed to work.

View attachment 655624 View attachment 655626
Following a few of your posts & it seems you prefer the P30 Lite over the S10! Lol

cavedog

Honorary Master
Following a few of your posts & it seems you prefer the P30 Lite over the S10! Lol
Sound crazy right but with the Huawei P30 Lite insurance is just like R60 a month so I don't use any covers on it. The P30 Lite is slightly thinner than the S10 which is nice. Since I basically NEVER use the camera or take selfies the camera difference does not matter to me. The ultrasonic finger print sensor is HORRIBLE on the S10. I hate every single moment of it and I have to have lockscreen password enabled to have my google enterprise account linked so the P30 Lite finger print sensor is sooo good and I really like it being at the back just like S8.

Having upgraded from the S8 to the S10 the only thing I notice is faster CPU and more RAM the rest of the stuff is well pointless to me and honestly I'm disappointed I upgraded to the S10. Now I have a device that if dropped will rip me in terms of screen replacement and plagued by expensive insurance.

The Huawei P30 Lite Peacock blue is just amazing :love: I love love love it. It also has twin app so 2 whatsapps is possible for people that use it for work ect. The Vodacom version only has single sim but a dual sim would have been nice but none the less still enjoy the device. Battery life is longer on the P30 Lite vs the S10 and I think it's screen resolution. Dropping that to 1080p would probably help but whats the point of having such an expensive screen then.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ohh and for those that might not know it also supports OTG with the Type-C port. Connecting my 64GB flash with this inexpensive OTG cable I got from aliexpress for like $1. Works well.

20190512_200214.jpg