Huawei P30 Lite

Moniqueviv

Well, I copied all my data to my internal storage, and formatted my memory card. I haven't copied anything to the sd card, but I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

@STORMERSFAN, another reason I have my SD card, is to make backups of my device. It can only be done with external storage, or via PC. So it's just easier for me to use with external storage.
Why don't you backup your photos to your Google photos? It backs up automatically when you take a picture?

I don't know if you found this yet. But if your connected to the same wifi(phone and pc) you can connect onto your pc without a cable.
Cash? How much?
R6000

Moniqueviv

Are you using any of these? I want to be able to use the protector with the cover that came in the box, without it lifting up the edges.
I have the edge to edge cover.. R130
With the cover I got with the phone. The edges doesn't lift. The cover almost covers the screen protector. The screen protector and cover are in line..

Deanoblado

Loving the battery life on this phone, Got a full day yesterday with moderate use and forgot to charge the phone this morning. Turned on battery saver now and it says i still have 7 hours left. Will see if i make it home.

Really impressed with the screen quality and size, also call quality is crisp.

Moniqueviv

Loving the battery life on this phone, Got a full day yesterday with moderate use and forgot to charge the phone this morning. Turned on battery saver now and it says i still have 7 hours left. Will see if i make it home.

Really impressed with the screen quality and size, also call quality is crisp.
The most I got was 3d11h. If I'm very busy on my phone I get about 2 days out of it.

miz_pimp

Why don't you backup your photos to your Google photos? It backs up automatically when you take a picture?

I don't know if you found this yet. But if your connected to the same wifi(phone and pc) you can connect onto your pc without a cable.
It is set to automatically back up my photos, but it isn't always reliable, because the photos app doesn't seem to start automatically, even though it is set to. I'll need to open the app manually. I'm currently backing up 1k photos at the moment, lol, because I opened the app after reading your post

Connecting to the pc wirelessly takes longer than just copying to the SD card for me, but it might also just be an old habit that dies hard, lol, so I'll give it a try again. Thank you!

I have the edge to edge cover.. R130
With the cover I got with the phone. The edges doesn't lift. The cover almost covers the screen protector. The screen protector and cover are in line..
That's awesome! Mind telling me where you bought the screen protector, please?

miz_pimp

cavedog

Honorary Master
I linked my google enterprise account to my P30 lite and S10 so I have unlimited storage. As soon as I get home and my phone connect to my fibre the 100Mbps upload on my fibre line means my stuff is always stored on google drive. Very nice.

Moniqueviv

It is set to automatically back up my photos, but it isn't always reliable, because the photos app doesn't seem to start automatically, even though it is set to. I'll need to open the app manually. I'm currently backing up 1k photos at the moment, lol, because I opened the app after reading your post

Connecting to the pc wirelessly takes longer than just copying to the SD card for me, but it might also just be an old habit that dies hard, lol, so I'll give it a try again. Thank you!

That's awesome! Mind telling me where you bought the screen protector, please?
I got mine at Montana Traders - when I got the phone no one had any stock. But it is exactly like the one at takealot.

Attachments

Terence1983

Had my 4gb RAM version, about a week and a half, I average 2 and half days battery time which is a huge step up from my p9 lite I had prior to this which barely lasted a day. Im not a heavy user but I do go onto social media and youtube a few times per day and Youtube can go on for a while when im at home on the wifi LOL.

Brilliant camera and screen resolution is amazing compared to the p9 lite and the p10 lite. they the only phones I have access to compare it to.

Cius

Executive Member
Got a P30 lite for my wife last month. What a buy. I had planned on the P20 lite for R249 on contract with MTN but when I was told the P30 was R299pm I happily upgraded and man was it worth it. The camera alone makes it worth the extra payment. That camera is astonishing. It takes amazing photo's.

It also came with 128GB of internal storage instead of 64, which is a big help as my wife tends to be a heavy user of a phone and her old 32GB phone was just not cutting it. Great memory, processor, screen, overall I could not be happier. Just a little green that my contract renewed in Dec and I went cheap with a P10 lite at R199pm. Watching my wife on her phone is definitely persuading me to start spending a bit more on phones in the future.

powermzii

Expert Member
My wife got me one today... Stunning phone. My previous device was falling apart (1+3) after falling on an edge sometime ago so it was time to upgrade

cpu.

Expert Member
If I were to buy it cash, I would rather take it from Telkom and get the dualsim version.

powermzii

Expert Member
If I were to buy it cash, I would rather take it from Telkom and get the dualsim version.
This is what we did and I got the dual sim. Have my Telkom as data sim and Voda as voice (but phone allows active 4G on both sims)

JJRM

Does the P30 Lite from Telkom Mobile come with a screen protector and clear plastic cover?