Huawei P30 Lite

Fox1

Executive Member
How are the lowlight pics on the P30 Lite? They're pretty bad on the P20 Lite and the night mode takes 40 secs to process.

jnvdh06

Okay so this might sound crazy but I am considering getting the P30 Lite.

I currently own a Note 9 (on MTN contract) and a iPhone XS Max (paid off).

I am thinking of selling my XS and Note 9 to settle my MTN contract, and then get a sim only contract at MTN for voice, and getting the 5 or 10gb/month data contract from Telkom for R499/R599

Would this be crazy?

I am trying to cut back on debit orders as well as monthly spending.
I am currently spending over R1200 a month for the Note 9 contract.

I am a big Apple fan and I love the quality of their products. Would a P30 Lite fill the void?

cavedog

Honorary Master

I am thinking of selling my XS and Note 9 to settle my MTN contract, and then get a sim only contract at MTN for voice, and getting the 5 or 10gb/month data contract from Telkom for R499/R599

Would this be crazy?

I am a big Apple fan and I love the quality of their products. Would a P30 Lite fill the void?
You are probably going to feel the downgrade from the iPhone or the Note 9. I see reviewers still go with the S9 as the best flagship to buy today as a medium priced device as the prices has fallen a lot. I really like the P30 Lite. When I compare the P30 Lite to the Samsung S10 the P30 lite feels so much nicer. Battery lasts longer and finger print sensor is so much more snappier but then the S10 has such a better screen, double the memory and flagship features like water resistance ect.

If I'm forced to choose between the S10 vs P30 Lite I will go for the S10 but when I'm talking money then maybe the S10 is not that worth it unless the camera means a lot to me or the flagship features.

That said owning both devices when I leave the home in the morning I do tend to want to reach for the Huawei P30 Lite.

Honestly it really depends but I think you will feel you downgraded. If you can go to the mall and play with P30 Lite in a Vodacom or MTN store and see how you find it before you make the decision.

D3fl3ct1on

Would this be crazy?

telkom has a 50+50(20) data deal for 459rand

cavedog

Honorary Master
So anyone going to Huawei Service Days to get free screen protectors fitted? I'm keen to go and get one for my P30 Lite :unsure:

STORMERSFAN

Well the way I read the article the the free cleaning screen protectors ect ect are available for all Huawei customers but the R199 battery replacement deal is for those selected models only.
I read it the other way lol.. Which way is correct?i thought it was corrects P30 has just been released and probably doesn't need a screen protector or clean.. Mine is still in mint condition since April when I got it lol..I'm going there end of June as wife and daughter have p8 lite 2017 and p10 respectively... Both need new protectors and clean.. Will ask about P30 range

cavedog

Honorary Master
I read it the other way lol.. Which way is correct?i thought it was corrects P30 has just been released and probably doesn't need a screen protector or clean.. Mine is still in mint condition since April when I got it lol..
I will call the call centre and find out :)

Deanoblado

sweet let us know please, my wife has a P8 lite but she said i bought it for her before 2017? whats the difference between the models? are there different types of P8 lites?

cavedog

Honorary Master
@STORMERSFAN @Deanoblado

This is the info I got from Huawei....

Code:
STMoundanga
2:37 pm
Hello. How may I help you?

Welcome to Huawei Chat Support! You are interacting with Serge. Kindly be advised that this chat is recorded and monitored for Quality Assurance purposes. Allow me to “Make it possible” for you, how may I assist you?

Eu****
The Huawei free service days at Huawei care centres says it includes free phone cleaning and free screenprotectors. Does this include the P30 Lite? Can I manage to get a free screen protector on one of these service days?
STMoundanga
I will assist with more info Eu****

You can get it over the week end Eu****.

Eu****
Okay so the list of devices are for the battery replacement only but the Free screenprotector and phone cleaning is available to ALL Huawei phones right?
STMoundanga
Yes

This is some of the services that we are offering:

Free exterior phone cleaning;
Free screen protectors;
Free out-of-warranty labour charge (you only pay for parts replacement);
Free software support.

Eu****
Thank you for the info. Appreciate it.
 Read
STMoundanga
Wonderful.

Is there anything else I may assist you today?

STORMERSFAN

sweet let us know please, my wife has a P8 lite but she said i bought it for her before 2017? whats the difference between the models? are there different types of P8 lites?
There are two p8s.. One has fingerprint recognized(2017) and shape is slightly different and the other not

STORMERSFAN

@STORMERSFAN @Deanoblado

This is the info I got from Huawei....

Code:
STMoundanga
2:37 pm
Hello. How may I help you?

Welcome to Huawei Chat Support! You are interacting with Serge. Kindly be advised that this chat is recorded and monitored for Quality Assurance purposes. Allow me to “Make it possible” for you, how may I assist you?

Eu****
The Huawei free service days at Huawei care centres says it includes free phone cleaning and free screenprotectors. Does this include the P30 Lite? Can I manage to get a free screen protector on one of these service days?
STMoundanga
I will assist with more info Eu****

You can get it over the week end Eu****.

Eu****
Okay so the list of devices are for the battery replacement only but the Free screenprotector and phone cleaning is available to ALL Huawei phones right?
STMoundanga
Yes

This is some of the services that we are offering:

Free exterior phone cleaning;
Free screen protectors;
Free out-of-warranty labour charge (you only pay for parts replacement);
Free software support.

Eu****
Thank you for the info. Appreciate it.
Read
STMoundanga
Wonderful.

Is there anything else I may assist you today?
Do you have the no by any chance plz.. Will phone them just before I go through.. Wonder if this be the same protector that the phone had on it when it arrived?

miz_pimp

Finally an update! I'm not going to lie, I'm not used to only getting updates every 3 months. I used to get monthly updates on my P10 Lite.

EDIT: Phone Manager is called Optimiser now.

Does anyone else here play Asphalt 9? I have random stuttering during gameplay, even with Game Acceleration on AND with performance mode on in the battery settings, so to me it seems like the GPU turbo is useless. Also, the game's graphics are set to default, so I can't understand why I'm getting the lag.

Last edited:

Sayf777

Expert Member
@cavedog if only I'd saw your posts earlier, very helpful. Also hate that I have to worry about carrier branding for Samsung'S vowifi. For some reason on my work network my cell c's wifi calling on different android 9 Samsung I've tested work intermittently and I have to connect to a separate Hotspot, reset the phone a few times and then reconnect it to the work wifi to work, how has your experience been?

With regards to the huawei p30 lite's setting for vodacom's vowifi is there a wifi preferred setting or does it only work when in bad signal areas (like Samsung)?

Sayf777

Expert Member
FNB had the p30 lite for around R3200 worth of ebucks (level 5% for the past few days, don't see it now though.