Huawei P30 Lite

Fox1

Expert Member
How are the lowlight pics on the P30 Lite? They're pretty bad on the P20 Lite and the night mode takes 40 secs to process.

jnvdh06

Okay so this might sound crazy but I am considering getting the P30 Lite.

I currently own a Note 9 (on MTN contract) and a iPhone XS Max (paid off).

I am thinking of selling my XS and Note 9 to settle my MTN contract, and then get a sim only contract at MTN for voice, and getting the 5 or 10gb/month data contract from Telkom for R499/R599

Would this be crazy?

I am trying to cut back on debit orders as well as monthly spending.
I am currently spending over R1200 a month for the Note 9 contract.

I am a big Apple fan and I love the quality of their products. Would a P30 Lite fill the void?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay so this might sound crazy but I am considering getting the P30 Lite.

I currently own a Note 9 (on MTN contract) and a iPhone XS Max (paid off).

I am thinking of selling my XS and Note 9 to settle my MTN contract, and then get a sim only contract at MTN for voice, and getting the 5 or 10gb/month data contract from Telkom for R499/R599

Would this be crazy?

I am trying to cut back on debit orders as well as monthly spending.
I am currently spending over R1200 a month for the Note 9 contract.

I am a big Apple fan and I love the quality of their products. Would a P30 Lite fill the void?
You are probably going to feel the downgrade from the iPhone or the Note 9. I see reviewers still go with the S9 as the best flagship to buy today as a medium priced device as the prices has fallen a lot. I really like the P30 Lite. When I compare the P30 Lite to the Samsung S10 the P30 lite feels so much nicer. Battery lasts longer and finger print sensor is so much more snappier but then the S10 has such a better screen, double the memory and flagship features like water resistance ect.

If I'm forced to choose between the S10 vs P30 Lite I will go for the S10 but when I'm talking money then maybe the S10 is not that worth it unless the camera means a lot to me or the flagship features.

That said owning both devices when I leave the home in the morning I do tend to want to reach for the Huawei P30 Lite.

Honestly it really depends but I think you will feel you downgraded. If you can go to the mall and play with P30 Lite in a Vodacom or MTN store and see how you find it before you make the decision.